S13 Silvia CF Hood OEM Style

Hey SON

I got my buddy at VK innovation he can make some CF hoods for S13 Silvia front end. I intentionally wanted a hood for personal use not from the shop…but he said if i can gather a group buy we can all get a deal.

I been looking around for a hood for my S13 and they cost $600+ for name brands + shipping etc.

http://www.vkinnovations.ca/

He usually retails hood for $500+

$400 each if i can get 10+ people maybe even cheaper if there is more.

A word from Vince when i was speaking to him about it

“I clear coat the under side of my hoods too so it’s not a cheap crappy looking finish like the other top name brands. With my clear coated under side, you can have a good shine when you pop the hood, making cleaning it MUCH easier too.”

Don’t be mistaken, this is the front end and this is the hood im talking about.

http://driftjapan.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/nissan-sileighty.jpg

Just gathering interests and if there is enough than we can make this possible.

Oh btw, he has S14 Zenki CF hood available too…i didnt ask how much, i think it can be part of the group buy if your interested too.

Thanks

i would be in for 1

I have a question about the latch, how is it secured to the hood? Is the whole hood made of cf or is it mixed with a underside fiberglass body?

I wuould pay 400 for one if the quality is there and if there is a provision for a latch.

yeah…it seems like i got a few pms regarding the hood and few replys here, i will get further details of the time he needs to make 10 lets say.

and how much deposit he want from each of us.

i will also ask him regarding the latch information

here is the picture of one of his product for the subi guys

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr96/VKInnovations/IMG_3456.jpg

this is the info regarding the material of the hood and so on…

Our carbon fiber components start with a proprietary clear coat mix, which gives the product its first protective layer from the elements and the sun it is fully UV stable and will not yellow cloud or become extremely brittle with a change in climate. This proprietary coating is easily drilled, sanded or filed if needed for things such as hood washer nozzle installations. The core layer consists of a 5.7oz 2x2 twill style aerospace grade carbon fiber fabric that is made in the USA. In the case of automotive hoods and trunks we bond a fiber glass inner frame to this top surface to give it some rigidity. All of our inner frames have more than 95% of the OE frame structure still in place to ensure a solid finished product.

All products are completed with a beautiful 3-layer coat off PPG premium clear coat. This high end material will give you a long life shine finish that you can easily maintain with wax and proper cleaning procedures.

Are the edges rolled or cut

^

I will ask

here is more info i got from him

Each and every automotive component is hand crafted in North America to ensure and maintain a high quality aftermarket component. We do not import containers from overseas with low-end quality parts to ensure we get a high mark up on our customers. From start to finish our products are manufactured in-house. We start by building the molds for the surfaces, and then we manufacture a few parts for testing and fitting before we release it to our customers.

Our carbon fiber components start with a proprietary clear coat mix, which gives the product its first protective layer from the elements and the sun. It is fully UV stable and will not yellow cloud or become extremely brittle with a change in climate. This proprietary coating is easily drilled, sanded or filed if needed for things such as hood washer nozzle installations. The core layer consists of a 5.7oz 2x2 twill style aerospace grade carbon fiber fabric that is made in the USA. In the case of automotive hoods and trunks, we bond a fiber glass inner frame to this top surface to give it some rigidity. All of our inner frames have more than 95% of the OE frame structure still in place to ensure a solid finished product. The under layer is also clear coated unlike other “manufactures” who leave it a dull look. Now you can open your hood and be proud to show off your top quality premium VKI carbon fibre hood.

All products are completed with a beautiful 2-layer coat off PPG premium clear coat. This high-end material will give you a long life shine finish that you can easily maintain with wax and proper cleaning procedures.

If latch is detachable(by screws like most hoods), then the VKI hood you’ll be able to mount your OE latch directly onto it.

Minimum of 50% deposit.

Once group buy dead line is done, it will take 2-3 weeks depending on the amount of orders placed.

Ready whenever you are!

If 10 people are in on this, you can throw my name down on the list. Sounds pretty damn good.

1. Jack @ torontoJDM

id be down for 1 maybe even 2

jack i would be down for one,.

1. Jack @ torontoJDM
  2. John ( Kapetajr)

put da name on da list! when i got 10, we can either EMT VKI the $ or pay him half cash for deposit

my hood is so damn heavy…PPL lets go!!!

k got another word from VKI

"The edges are cut which will always give you a more clean and defined look along the seams. Also will not seperate or “un-roll” like rolled edges.

Here’s a couple pics of my own hood on my car to give you an idea of how clean and straight it is."

and S14 Zenki guys can be part of this deal!!!

Thanks

Is it OEM style for the Zenki’s too?

1. Jack @ torontoJDM
  2. John ( Kapetajr)
  3. Will Smith! ( Smitty )

its reverse vented i beleive! invader style!! Drifter style!! whatever you call it

keep it list coming!!

Cools… actually just what I was lookin for

1. Jack @ torontoJDM
  2. John ( Kapetajr)
  4. Larry (Raven_S14) *S14 Zenki
  1. Jack @ torontoJDM
  2. John ( Kapetajr)
  4. Larry (Raven_S14) *S14 Zenki
  5. Ramesh (Silvia_Drift)
  1. Jack @ torontoJDM