S13 SR into a '95 240sx a good idea?

I have a 95 240 and im looking to put a sr20 in it.
im not sure if i should put a s13 or s14. I found both engines just have to deside and go buy.

Do the S14…

That way you will still have A/C…

Wiring the AC for the S13 into the S14 is difficult.

Do an S14 SR20DET. That way you get the T28 turbo stock.

And Variable Valve Timing

And Variable Valve Timing[/quote]

That is a double edged sword. The S13 version is generally more responsive to modifications. The VVT is basically Nissan VTEC.

thanks guys
i am planning on building a high hp car
there are more parts available and alot cheeper for an s13
dont care about a/c and dont want to mess with variable valve timing
i found an s13 front clip with 61000km for $3000
or s14 clip with 93000km for $5000
if i go with the 13 i have to get intercooler and piping, a rad, ect.
I dont know about wiring the 13 to my car compared to the 14?
and also has anyone put a momo steering wheel on? how can i bypass the drivers air bag. the light is peeing me off!!!

The wiring is difficult if you don’t know what you are doing. You have to make an intermediary harness to make some of your accessories to work. I just recently installed an s13 into an s14. If you want you can email me at jdmpowerband@hotmail.com and we can figure out the particulars for getting you hooked up. I would be happy to work with you!

Nathan Lodder

From a pure, ultimate power perspective, I’d prefer the S13 SR. No VVT complications, higher redline and it’s got a high port intake (flows better.)

However, as everyone else seems to have pointed out, the S14 SR wires up easier and comes with a bigger turbo.

thanks again guys
i have made my decision. s13 it is
I am a licenced mechanic, and i have been doing motor swaps for a few years mostly hondas. this is my first 240 but i know what its all about.
thank nathan well hook up for sure.
and word on that f**king air bag light,
most manufactures give you a resistance value for the air bag and you just put a resister of that value across the air bag terminal to fake an air bag. but i cant find anything in nissan manual.

Hey man what’s up. For your harness you can also check out www.heavythrottle.com , www.night7racing.com and www.mckinneymotorsports.com They do offer a wire harness service for S13 to S14. I think it was around $250-$300. They turn two into one and send it back “Plug n Play” ready. Just letting you know incase.

Good luck with the swap. Easy 8)