Advice needed from sr20 owners on swap .....

Thought briefly about v8 swap in my s13, but decided against it, going for more standard sr20 swap instead.

Here’s the question: should I go for JDM standard swap, or search out an upgraded engine here? I would like to produce in the 300HP range with this engine (doesn’t have to be right away), and would like to know the thoughts of those who have done this swap.

1. s13 swap or S14 swap in s13. I know that the variable timing gives the extra 20 hp, but you lose it if you start doing cam changes. Which way to go?

Here are my concerns: the jdm swap has turbo in unknown shape, totally stock intake, injectors, exhaust. What are your thoughts on this?

I have done a lot of reading on this, but would like to hear from owners what their first hand experiences are. Doing it again, would you go stock jdm or already upgraded engine?

Depends on your budget right now
2-3k = get stock from importers OR for 2500-3000ish you can usually find one here with a nice t28 setup
Over 3k = you can save alot of money in the end by getting an already upgraded setup with a tune and ready to go

S13 sr’s are good, cheap and easy to upgrade and have lots of new/used aftermarket support
But s14 sr’s have the t28 which is the major plus with these for the extra couple hundred bucks but if your modding it in the end it really doesn’t matter

Try to buy an engine/swap from a trusted member on this forum.It will save you the stress of not knowing the condition of the engine and parts.Try to get a complete swap as well. It’s alot less work and time spent running around.
Good luck

I definitely am looking at what’s out there. would be ready to do something for the right swap. A swap with some stuff already done would be ideal, if the right price were to happen.

weeeeeeee

http://www.son240sx.org/showthread.php?237838-Blacktop-S13-SR20DET-with-Upgrades

Get a prebuilt motor, there is a few on son.

Or get a new one from Varun, he offers a real warranty.

S13 motor because of its high port design is more resposnive to mods, if you ever want to get cams in s14 motor, you would lose the variable valve timing anway, its why most run s13 motor even in s14.

SR just stock, with arp headstuds and a headgasket, could take 300whp all day. Nothing needed. No head work, no block work. Just injectors, tune, turbo.

Rb25det. Boom! Done

just call VARUN he has all good engines. all low miles,etc http://www.240sx.ca/index.html
he is a vendor here as well.

All good info, checking things out…

I would just wait until I have another turnkey swap for 2500-3500 bucks.

Buy my rb25