S13 Motor Swap Question

Sup everyone,

this is like my 2nd post here on this board, right now I drive a civic but I’m trying to sell it and pick up a 92 240SX Coupe.

Right now I just want to know about what engines I can swap into that car. Will the SR20 from any car work? IE- Will an S14 or S15 engine fit, what about a skyline motor?

I know this is noob type stuff, but I’m just trying to learn.

Thanks

If you know this is noob stuff, then try searching this forum for it, because yes this has been asked hundreds of times.

i would suggest sticking with an s13 sr engine… red or black top doeent matter. it is the most strait forward to do.

the s14, s15 and rb engines will fit but you will start to pay more the bigger you go.

when doing an sr swap be prepared to spend 10 grand to do it right. and make sure everything else on the car is finished first. ie suspension, brakes, bushings, other maintenance things…

300 hp in a busted ass car is just gay.

GT

YEs I know this, I just wanted to find out what I can do, and plan around that see what best fits me.

Secondly, may I ask how the SR swap will end up costing $10000?
I really dont see how it will be that much

It depends on how you are doing it? with $10000 i think Greg was including the cost of the car.

$3000 for the car
$5000 for the engine if oyu aren’t the one installing it
$2000 for the required upgrades, intercooler, exhaust, fuel pump, brakes.

You still need more for suspension, and this isnt including what is needed to make the car in good shape from a mechanical stand point, ie regular maintenace.

sorry 10 grand is not for a stock setup

that includes

exhuast
dp
fmic
fuel pump
boost controler
fuel computer
hotpipe
bov
etc etc

i dunno personally i would not do an sr unless i have more than enough to drop into it.

other wise its meh slow

GT

or you could just buy one of the already done up chassis’ for sale in the car buy/sell section.
:wink:

Ahhh IC, yea $10000 sounds close.

I think I can dot he swap myself.
I know I can get a deal on the swap

plus the money I get for my civic will help me out some.

Whats the best turbo to upgrade to on a SR20

Hey I do not have a boost controler yet or Fuel controler

dont be hating, it just takes a little time.

I could use a manual boost thingy ma jigger tho

I’m lucky enough to have made many items to save myself money but I have bought a whack of parts for the redtop plus the car itself and I’m around $4000 total “motor/car/parts”

For about 10 grand (give or take ) - your in the RB club.

And for about 7 grand - your in the sr club

For any RB swap - pm me