How much to get a SR engine swap?

Firstly, Shouldn’t the guest posting be disabled? I thought we’ve gone over this issue before admins.

Secondly, the swap itself will be roughly $4500 if you do it yourself including all the generic off the shelf parts and no custom work. Sometimes it’s a bit more, sometimes it’s a bit less, so if you’re planning to do a swap, make sure you have $5500 in case any problems occur. (Mind you, this is not including the cost of the vehicle)

if you buy 1/2 a JDM car w/SR20, it should have everything (except fuel pump), and do the install yourself you can get away with the $3000 mark, but it very well could be $4500+, there’s variables involved.

pavel hit it on the head…

if you dont have $5000 - $6000 in the bank you probably shouldnt be doing an SR.

putting in an all stokc SR is a tad ghey, it wont be a bunch faster than a KA, and certainly not $3000 faster.

if you are going to do the SR you should also do or alrady have full exhuast from the turbo back, FMIC, and fuel pump at least.

of course you will also need a rad, hotpip, BOV, etc. etc. as the minimum and possibly battery relocation kit, boost controller, gauges etc. etc. etc. as well.

it is a VERY good idea to buy a new clutch and pressure plate as well…

when you add these things up you are in the $5500 - $6000 range without labour.

cost me $1550 to do my ca swap and im lovin every dollar spent.

but its slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Thanks you very much!

It is totally not my expectation.
I saw Ebay has many SR engine sell around $2000. So I thought labour will be about $1000.

:owned:

But bing come on I wouldn’t call 14.6 fast… :wink:

$2000 US… convert that to Canadian, plus shipping, plus customs/excise and you’re lookin at near $3k for a redtop. Or you can talk to Varun (nick on this board slipperysilvia) and get one for $2.5k.

Let’s, for the sake of argument, assume $1k for labour. So that’s 3500 plus, you’ll want, nay, need a new exhaust, downpipe, intercooler and related piping, bov… and then a ton of small but important stuff eg. fuel filter, mafs, heater hoses, etc. etc. etc.

As Pavel and others already mentioned, $5k is a good minimum starting figure and provides for a basic but complete swap. From there, sky’s the limit on what you can do using off the shelf of custom goodies. Good luck!

:owned:

But bing come on I wouldn’t call 14.6 fast… :wink:[/quote]

who ran a 14.6?

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3965

Locked and soon to be deleted.

:wavey: