Engine Swap

I just bought a 240. Ive been thinking of swaping the engine, but i really dont have the experience nor the resources.

I was wondering if anyone knew where you can get it done, and roughly the price range…that would include the engine and labour

Thanks,

Derek

What do you mean by you don’t have the resources? No money no talk.

PM Varun

a.k.a. slipperysilvia

He can hook you up with all you need. Assuming you do want an SR swap.

i have the money that’s why I’m asking what the labour would be. i just havent done much with car engine swaps. id rather pay someone then myself to screw it up. Id liked to learn though, dont have much time though, to busy

alright thanks alot, blue

http://forums.son240sx.ca/showthread.php?t=17290

this is my deal ive got going on.

p/m me if youre interested

honestly if your paying more then 1K for a swap then your paying too much.

it should be no more then 2K for sr, then 1k for accessories ( rad, fmic, fuel pump etc) and then 1k for install. thats for just a basic swap.

If you’re in barrie go to Intense Motorsports, if you’re in GTA come to us. Give me a call at 416-857-3514 if you want more information, i don’t mean to toot my own horn here but I know SR’s :slight_smile:

Well if you can’t get anyone to do your swap. May I recommend calling up the Canadian Tire located at Dundas and Trafalgar. They did my swap. It was a pretty clean install as well. It took about 2 weeks on and off. Didn’t cost me too much.

400 DUNDAS ST E
OAKVILLE, ON
L6H 6Z9
Phone: 905-257-8473

Just call them and tell them that Mark sent you. He has a Red 240sx Hatch. Be sure to tell them you want to speak to the automotive dept.

I don’t want to see where this is going to go LOL!

are you kidding me? people getting their sr swaps at canadian tire now? bahahahaha

I’m in the same boat as you my friends. The quotes I am getting at this moment are $6000 for the motor,tranny, the extra’s needed to run and all of it installed.

Where you getting these quotes?

Do it yourself! There are endless websites showing you exectly what needs to be done. That is what im doing and even if you have to rent an engine hoist and some other shit it will still cost you a fraction on what youd pay on labour for someone else to do it.

Sasha did my swap and he did a good job, I highly recomend him
he knows his SR’s :smiley:
Varun also has some deals with SR’s give both of them a PM

Contact Varun, TorontoJDM, Sasha, Intense for qoutes

lol im with d_fresh. rent (or buy) an engine hoist and buy tools do it yourself and then you come out with more knowledge a swap AND tools.

Having said all that, I had all of the tools and shiz before i did any of this. 3 engine swaps by the time i was 18.(in 3 cars)

-Matt