SR20DET Swap

Well im planing to do a swap by summer time. Between the end of summer or the beggining of it. I need a technician/Mechanic who can help my with the swap. Of course, I am offering cash. Whats the cost and is anyone up to it?. Of course, I will provide all necessary parts, but no tools. I can also peform the swap but I just havn’t done it before and need some help/tools. Once again, money will be provided to an experianced mechanic/technician.
thnx

Do it yourself is the most economical way of course. It’s not that hard really. If you are serious, a few guys from here will give you a hand for the right price.

You can go to a few performance shops to get the job done ie. WhiteHead performance, Absolute Motorsports, and our own Martin from MRWmotorsports. Costs of labour varies. But it’s approx. $1500 for the swap without parts.

Do a search here first and look through the other threads that pertain to your question.

Well I roughly know how todo the swap but i might need a hnd with getting stuff like engine hoists or torque wrenches to get the bolts on. other than that i guess im set.

Rent Them

do you know of any places i can rent them around the mississauga area?

just use the yellow pages or something, there is bound to be a tool renting place around missasauga, if not there is a place in hamilton called queenstonrentals they should have them.

thanks man; if ill need anything else, ill just ask

welcome Polack…if you need any help on the SR swap let me know…from one polack to another ill help you out any time…i can tell you my SR runs like a champ.
welcome to the club

Hey, check out United rentals for engine hoists and other stuff, i think the hoists are $50 a day. There should be one in or near Missasuga.

i heard that Canadian tire lets you rent them for next to nothing

i checked with canadian tire, so far, when i called, they said they never even knew they had engine hoist’s for rent. How about Torque screws, does that place let u rent those too?

just saw a hoist a cdn tire, Lakeshore and Erin Mills, for $300 . 2 tonne capability

Stephenson’s Rent All carries engine hoists. Some are located inside Home Depots.