s13 or s14 sr20 ?

wuts up guys , i have been shoping around and know have taken an sr20 s13 and a sr20 s14 for a spin know, love the s14 i do no it does of 20 hp more than the s13 but getting the sr s14 is it really worth it

open for your thoughts please

get s13, they make identical torque but s14 is at 4,800, while s13 is at 4,000. torque wins races, hp sells cars. notchtops are a joke

Hamilton, the new Kitchener/Waterloo.

wtf that supposed to mean?

It means you’re a fuc.king idiot.

Wow some pwnage. If I remember correctly it’s a very small difference and the money you save buying S13 instead of S13 you can match the power if not gain more. I think the difference is the VTEC or VVTEC I don’t know what Nissan calls it.If you wanna build, S13. If you wanna run a stockish SR S14 is beautiful. All this from a friend of a friend of a friend…

its called vvt?

I Figured people bought blacktops cause they’re newer engines, easier to find low mileage hence, more reliable?

youve drivin both

your buying it

you decide

ya i have drivin both and happier with s14 both with min. mods

the Varible Valve Timing only really interfers with internal upgrades (i.E. cams, ect.) but the GT28 turbo almost seems like a bargin with the s14 notchy u spend like an extra 500-1000 for a turbo upgrage that would run you 1500 later…

alot of upgrade parts are harder to find for the s14 i.e. rocker stoppers
but u cant really say either is better… SASHA had a notch top irc…
IDK mang, its your car. your motor. yourchoice…
id go with a s13 blacktop just cause im going for a gt30 so i could afford to save the extra coin.

HAHA…

Yeah S14 engines are a joke, they only make 20hp more so the money must not be worth it.

Lets see…

Newer engine & trans = more reliable
BB S14 turbo = better response & more power potential
VVT = awesome torque

But hey Ive got an S14 SR so I must be biased.

s13 low port all the way but if ur serious s14 bottom end s13 head yea

low port is better for low end torque, but high port is better for end up torque/hp. You decide.