S13 SR20DET block number (bearings)

I’m at nerves end now, for the last week I’ve been giving Bing every number on my SR block so he can order me up some bearings.

WHERE THE FICK DO I FIND THE EFFIN NUMBER???

I pulled one off the back of the engine (where it would mate with trans.) up near the top on the exhaust side right beside the block stamp (SR20, duh) and it said “046677W” apparently this is incorrect becasue there are only 6 grades of bearings so every number must be 6 of lower.

If I can’t find this number that works in 24 hours, I’m throwing hte engine in the river, burning the car, and buying a effin smartcar.

Pics would be best for describing where I should get this number.

Fitzy

Look on the crankshaft itself

that reminds me, just a guess but are they not stamped into the ‘girdle’ or something…

yep, theres 3 or 4 numbers you need, some of them are on the crankshaft, and 1 is on the block. says Bing points blame finger lol.

Also, you really want to get the crank calipered.

You may find the crank has been turned, and you’ll need undersized bearings.

Why is finding bearings so hard?

As far as my catalogs say, and as far as I’ve ever seen all SRs are the same.

GTi-R SR20s use 19mm bearings, but you can use the standard 17s instead.

The FWD SRs are different on the top side, not the bottom end.

I don’t know, heres the deal.

First engine build, knowing bing has done a few I went to him to ask a few questions.

he said to get him numbers off the crank and number off the block and he could order all my bearings up. Well i have the valid crank numbers, but i can’t find the engine number. I can’t use bing’s numbers because the crank ones aren’t hte same so the block one wouldn’t be.

It’s the most fustrating experience i’ve had in years. no joke.

You need to get the numbers off the crankshaft.

There will be 2 sets of numbers, a set of 4 and a set of 5.

The set of 5 is in reference to the bearings for the crank and the set of 4 is in reference to the bearings for the rods.

These bearings can be purchased at any nissan dealership since they are the exact same as the FWD sr20de b13. They come in lots of sizes and are both numbers and colour coded.

Before buying the bearings though I would recheck all your clearances since things can change over time, especially on a motor that has a lot of miles, the journals on the crank can wear.
Mic the crank journals, use a dial bore gauge to check the opening of where the crank rests with the caps torqued to spec, do your math and you’ll find what you need.

we got this all sorted out…

also, not all of the rwd SR bearings are USDM available.

i dont remember which bearing it was but one of them is not in the US or CAN system. i had to go through this 3 times last summer.

Interesting. I needed like 3 sizes and they all fell into sizes that were available from the usdm sr20. Where did you have to get the bearings from then? (vehicle wise)