rebuild inquiry - crankshaft

hey guys im gonna be rebuilding a ka-e im just wondering is it necesarry to replace the semi circluar inserts on the crank shaft rack and the block on which the crank shaft rotates ? let me know

The bearings?

oil bearings ? theyr not really bearings i guess more like sliders

they really are real bearings. really.

yes they are bearings and if your doing a complete rebuild then i would replace them.

yeah you do,

i have a kae block in great shape you can ahev for free if you want

I believe there are 6 different bearing sizes for different tolerences, use an FSM and a Nissan dealer for proper parts.

Vernier anyone?

Use a plastic gauge to see if you need to replace them and to see your tolerance when installing new ones. Sometimes the bearing journals get warn on crank.

Vlad make sure you know a little more before you attempt motor rebuild. You can ask me don’t be affraid. Call me up, I’m ussually up your way in the evenings anyway, we can grab a coffee.

Andrew.

so im only replacing these thin pieces that we are all calling ‘bearings’ am i on the right page ? but yeah lucky where are you located i wanna take a look at the block im sure your dying to get rid of it

thanks alot everyone, this is helping greatly

kitchener.

and free to a good home…so come and pick her up…she has been sitting under my bench since i pulled the motor out of the s13 that iquabob is now parting out.

correct, and ‘we’ are ‘calling’ them bearings because that is what they are.
You will also need to replace your rod bearings too while youre at it.

Generally you can tell by looking at the bearing if it needs replacing or not. If it is scored/scratched/burned. Get new bearings. They are not that expensive dude.

correct, and ‘we’ are ‘calling’ them bearings because that is what they are.
You will also need to replace your rod bearings too while youre at it.

Generally you can tell by looking at the bearing if it needs replacing or not. If it is scored/scratched/burned. Get new bearings. They are not that expensive dude.[/quote]

If they are scorn/burnt i wonder how the crank looks :lol:

great, amazing help, one of my best threads, thanks alot guys, i’ll call you up andrew