S14.5

Hey guys, im looking to start building a s14.5, im gonna have about 5500 to start with just for an s14 early spring, but i was wondering if anyone knows how much a s15 front end would cost because i plan on putting it on by mid summer. If anyone knows any direct prices or reliable distributors then please let me know, it would be a great help

thanks

S15 with or without the engine?

A stock s14.5 is going to cost you more than 5500, thats for sure. I would budget around 8 for a clean, running, STOCK one. An s15 front end conversion is probably going to cost you about 3000 once its all said and done and painted. That includes hood, fenders, bumper and lights.

So yea, another 240 owner with huge plans and way out of budget…Don’t even consider getting an s14.5 and modding until you have 10 grand saved up.

Don’t tell him howto do shit. The enthusiast car hobby is all about giving it your all. If you don’t… what’s the point? If you gotta go into debt and take out a line of credit, so beit if that is your passion!

I’m pretty sure he’s looking for an S14 and then putting an S15 front end one… hence S14.5 not a 97-98 S14 + S15 front end.

Clean 95 S14 could be had for 5500 if you shop around, plus 3k for the S15 front end as you stated. That puts him at 8500 said and done for a STOCK 240sx under the skin but a nice sexy S15 front end. So its do-able.

I say go for it! S14.5’s are sexy as hell.

2k+ for parts alone… paint and install your looking at 1k-3k or more depending on full paintjob or just the frontend that includes install and which parts you use (modified metal oem s15 fenders or s15 conversion fiberglass fenders).

are you talking about 5500 for the whole project including car ?
or is 5500 parts and conversion only?

i would start to budget after you find an s14 you want, if you really think about it, you dont need an s14 with a clean front end… not saying get an accident car, but one thats not the greatest looking might save you cash… so then after that if you have spent " 5500 " or what ever, budget at least 2 g’s for parts, plus 1500 to what ever for paint, from what i have seen in the past, and over the years of paint jobs, a good full colour change is around 2500 to 3000 bucks done properly. im sure there is chaper out there but its all up to the hours and quality you want to put in.

i am almost 90 percent done my s14 conversion to kouki and including parts and labour and pearl white paint is around 4600 dollars. the paint job is flawless and every window, door, trim piece, bumpers etc were removed, painted, and then re installed… so its a quality job costing arouind 3k its all up to you man, msg me if you have any questions or want to go with the same shop i went with.

Fixed. A lot of the weight ends up resting on the fenders, and it’ll sag, flex and get nasty if you don’t go metal.

^^ thats what I ment by s14.5 exactly, i wasn’t planning on putting in a new motor till next winter anyways, just wanted to have a clean s14 with the s15 front end, the paint will come around the same time as the new motor.

thanks for the imput guys

-“two-fortee”, you clearly need to read before you make comments and if you want to be a dick about it then please don’t post replies because you don’t know what my budget is, all i said was that i was looking for an s14 around 5500 and an s15 front end later on, thank you

S14.5 looks like ass, don’t do it. The only way it can look acceptable is if you have 2000$ worth of rims. And an S14 with the same rims will look so much better then an S14.5 ever could. (Zenki or Kouki, doesn’t matter.)