S14 speakers

I tried looking in several places, but I couldnt find anything. (and I lost my owner’s manual)

Does anyone know the specs (not sizes… wattage) of the the speakers in the S14?

Thanks.
Nima

The stock Clarion paper cones? They were rated for 15W, no joke.

That was the non-premium sound system.

It will say on the back of the speaker.

The stock clarion stuff is weak though like he said.

15W is probably the max power handling,

RMS is probably 8W

Damn! lol!

Next stupid question… I once bought a pair of $300 6.5" Kicker speakers and they were weaker than my factory speakers… I was so disgusted, i returned them. Can anyone explain why that is please?

If the speakers I buy have a higher RMS rating than the ones I currently have, then it should be louder right?

Thanks.
Nima

the $300 pair of door speakers u bought were actually the 70 dollar ones…i have no idea…but aftermarket speakers arent that much better till u run them off amplifiers

Yeah, aftermarket speakers require more power to run, so they will seem worse in terms of volume, but better in quality.

As Rob said, they would have been fine running off a separate amp.

Theo

Great thanks.

I didnt understand that because I thought if I run an amp, then the stock speaker should be affected by it as much as the aftermarket one (to some extent).

Aftermarket speakers should still sound better off the stock radio then the OEM ones, If they do not then something with the install much have gone wrong. An amp is always the way. Hell even an aftermarket Head unit will not ever put more then 17 Watt RMS as output. Booo for that

I have 6.5" Cerwin Vega speakers for my S14 all around… they sound pretty damn good and I"m just running them off my cd-deck.