S14 SR Issues and Tuning

Hey everyone, I am having a couple issues after my S14SR swap in S14.

1. I have no dash lights at all, no cluster or climate control when headlights are switched on.

2. Fuel pump does not turn on when key is turned to acc.

3. The tach on my S14 SR gauge cluster go nuts when I start my motor, just bounces around like crazy, it seems to calm down and ready properly when the car warms up a little but sometimes continues to bounce around OR not read at all. The tach didn’t work at all until I changed pin locations (Im pretty sure some of the diagrams I used were incorrect.)

4. I am installing Z32 maf and safc neo but am looking for some tuning tips (what I should be setting the safc values at), everything else related to the motor is stock (ecu, injectors, turbo). I also am working on setting up all my gauges but not really sure what they should all be reading (water temp, oil temp, oil press, egt) could someone give me some info on what these gauges should be reading.

I did this swap myself and it is possible that I may missed a wire or two when repining the F4 or put it in the wrong spot due to incorrect diagrams, but I got all the important ones and the car ran fine, just have to get these issues sorted out.

Many thanks in advance.

hey man, u dont need to change anything behind the tach so leave that un touched…

u might have messed up the main plug wiring that goes to the dash, and im sure u got the wrong wire for the fuel pump.

Have someone go over the wiring for u, cuz u can easily fry a bunch of expensive shit, such as ignitor, harness and ecu if u have the wrong wires hooked up…get the motor running smooth bone stock with stock maf or no maf if u dont have a stock man… before anything!!

Well the motor runs smooth with stock maf, no issues at all, runs very strong, holds boost, etc. All the wiring for the critical parts of the car have been checked over and done properly, even my rear defrost and small things worked fine first time, Im just trying to get these little things sorted out (dash lights/tach).

if its just dash lights and tach, then the plug you re wires for the cluster info, for sure has minor mistakes…re do that section using fsms from s14 usdm and s14 jdm chassis.

varun

Yep, definitely wiring issues. Sounds like youve got some crossed wires. You may be better off sending it to someone who can fix it for you rather than spending days trying to guess what the problem is.

In regards to the Z32 maf and NEo, why are you installing it? Secondly without a wideband I wouldnt touch any of the fuel trim settings. You can change it to compensate for the Z32 maf but other than that I would leave it be.

If you are selling your S14 maf let me know I may be interested.

Well I have done all the wiring for my swap and most of it has turned out no problem, the motor started up first try with the way the wiring was done and I am quite experienced with this kind of wiring, I know some of the diagrams I used were different from others but everything was double checked thats why I feel its not the F4 harness wiring thats causing the problem. Anyways, more advice is always welcome.

My S14SR maf is shot (second one I had) and they are impossible to find so I upgraded to Z32 and obviously have the safc to compensate for it and my wideband is in the mail, I was just looking for some tuning tips to save me some time if someone knows the in/out values for z32 maf on stock s14 sr.