S38B36 - e34 M5 motor

Completely torn down, head was sent out and refreshed. Long block, comes with some accessories, all tin. May be missing some parts, needs rebuild. $900 obo. The headwork alone is worth $1200. Just looking to get this out of my garage. Would be a fantastic NA or Turbo setup in an e30.

I’ll take some photos when I get back to that section of my garage later this week.

What do you do that allows you to acquire such cool toys?

Potential monster here. GLWS

Dudes.

So this is a complete head, with a disassembled short block and some acc?

Interesting, come with an oil pan?

i thought you sold this awhile ago

Guy ended up bailing on it.

The only thing I KNOW it is missing is some of the cam caps. However the cam tower is a seperate assembly from the cylinder head. To the best of my knowledge you could get the block steel shot, get the deck milled for a perfect finish (it sat without a head for awhile), slap rings, bearings in (cylinder bores are PERFECT). Buy a cam carrier and go. Comes with an oil pan, pump, cylinder head, cams, block, stock rods and pistons, crankshaft, old water pump, accessory bracket, motor mount brackets, trigger wheel, front case covers, timing gears, timing chain, guides, etc (all used).

I’m not knowledgeable in the BMW world at all, so please don’t flame, but would the head bolt on to a 745i (older turbo version)? My friend cracked the head in his.

Nope.

Ok, thought I’d try. GLWS