Sabres closing in on Leafs' mark

Buffalo has moved to within one victory of tying the Maple Leafs’ league record of 10 straight wins at the start of the 1993-94 season.

:ohnoes: God i dont want to see the Sabres take this record.

Real good chance to tie the record against the Islanders. If they do win it will certainly be a good game against Atlanta.

the leafs went 43 29 12 in that season and were 2nd in the central conf and lost in the conf finals…

that record is kinda blegh

All of hockey regular season is kind of blegh.

As long as you make the playoffs, you got a chance.

Also the actual season means absolutley nothing when it comes playoff time.

But it is cool to whompasize all the big dollar teams in the regular season.

Yes to the making playoffs you have a chance, but the regular season means a whole lot because you need to know lines, player trades, you need to have your team ready for playoffs…

i’ll guesstimate that the sabes go 12-0… then finally lose one. didn’t even look at the schedule. imagine if you could win 12 of every 13 games though? finish the season 72-6-4 or something, lol.

70 wins . . . they aren’t the '95-'96 Chicago Bulls.

Regular season means one thing… home ice. And getting the last change can be real important depending on how you match up against the team you’re playing.

Yeah you’re all right. The regular season means nothing. Everybody is guaranteed a spot in the playoffs…:rolljerk:

i was going to say the same thing.

Sabs will beat islanders but atlanta is really hot right now too.2 shutouts?

anyone know what the most points in the regular season record is?

. Most Points by a Team in one season.

Montreal Canadiens: 132 - 1976-77

60-8-12

1. Longest Undefeated streak by a team in one season.

Philadelphia Flyers: 35 games - 1979-80

If that sh*t ever happened, there should be no playoffs…they would have to just “give” us the cup :lol:

35 straight games, holy crap thats impressive.

so is 60-8-12.

Damn, those are impressive stats…

Okay. You guys got me totally wrong on what I said. Let me rephrase to explain what I meant a little better.

The regular season hot teams are NOT garunteed to do well in the playoffs all the time.

I have been a hockey fan and player all of my life (I’ve been on skates since I was five) so trust me on the fact that I understand how important it is to get all of these early season points that we missed out on last season.

BUT

Still…the best team in the league is not always going to get the cup and the 8th seed is not garunteed to be ousted in the first round.

My point is that anything can happen in the playoffs, but it would be sweet to see the President’s trophy here in buffalo.
Go Sabres

I agree that atlanta is hot right now and it’s going to be a tough game, but their 2 shutouts were against the panthers and the lightning. Tampa has only score 22 goals this year and the panthers have had weird games so far. They start off the season scoring 8 goals, then they get shutout the very next game. Then they only score 1 goal and then 6 the game after that, lol. Very inconsistent. Lehtonen is really good, but with the way buffalo is playing right now, even a good goalie has no chance on some of the shots.

Anyway, like I said in the official sabres thread, Dipietro is gonna need to be huge for them tomorrow night.