safelink wireless

now there is welfare cellphones. this this shit really pisses me off, now the taxpayers can pay for all the drug dealers cell phones. people need to pay for their own shit. whats next welfare cars?
http://www.wireless-weblog.com/50226711/safelink_wireless_to_give_free_phones_to_lowincome_tennesseans.php

welfare cars do exist. ever hear of public access. complete with chauffeur

I know I see this on tv the other day and it’s fucking retarded

amenities should never be free… at least it’s not a federal program… yet

People got along just fine without everyone having a cell phone 10 years ago. How is it something that people NEED. I say if you can’t afford a cell phone then you shouldn’t get a cell phone. If you’re that poor and paying for a cell phone but don’t have enough money to buy food, then you are stupid and deserve to starve.

If you’re that worried about these people, then give them donated used cellphones with no service. Know why? Because all cellphones can dial 911 even with no service plan. There you go. No tax dollars involved. Because no service is paid for. And if your justification is people should have them for safety, then the only number they really need to dial is 911.

cell phones, cars, most electronics, name brand clothes, are all luxury items, if you aren’t quite making ends meet, you don’t need to dig yourself further in the hole with buying into what your neighbor has. my .02. oh and yeah there is some kind of government program that will buy you a car, a guy I used to work with just got 2g to spend on a 91 crx si, with ls/vtec swap, and he didn’t pay a dime out of pocket, the government picked up the tab. Somehow through pacareerlink.com or something. Whats funny is, he already has a van, and he has three kids, and a wife, how the fuck is he gona fit them all in a crx? Thanks Uncle Sam for blowing my tax dollars.

Welfair has been providing cars, along with car repairs, for years. Atleast down here in Fayette they get them. I worked in a half-assed car audio shop years ago, and that was always the first stop after getting their free cars. No money to buy a ride, but money for shitty bass. Made sense to me.

On a side note, are donated cell phones tax deductable?

i think they may be, so long as you don’t just dump it off in one of those boxes. You’d have to have it a lil more legitimately done. Somewhere that will give you paperwork on it.

Wow…just wow. And here I thought I was at the low end of the totem pole at work. I had a lady come in today to do an extension (we allow one extension a month with a $20 payment that goes towards the bill, gives them an extra week to come up with the rest of the money). When I told her it was $20 she bitched at me and told me I was taking her child’s pamper money, and then was very short with me the whole transaction. She even bitched when I told her the due date. A week is a week, on my calendar anyways. If I could only say what I really feel.

let me guess you sell cricket phones

lol absolutely! 6.5 years and counting…Im surprised Im not crazy yet!

yet? I say otherwise :booty:

now i have two kids, one in diapers, and i gota say, if it came down to diapers or the cell phone, that fucking phone would be in the trash.

this wouldnt happen to be the same one that pooped on the floor would it? :bowrofl:

Good lord…I still cant stop laughing. I cant wait to play detective and find out whodunnit. I’m going to send them a cleaning bill. Dear Mr./Mrs. Cricket customer, Enclosed you will find a bill for the cleaning of your feces from our floor, and a letter stating the termination of your service for being a dirty f’ing piece of shit. No pun intended.

you had a customer shit on the floor?

It was a little kid. He musta crapped his pants, then he shook it out of his pantleg, LOL! Of course, the parent saw it and didnt say anything, snatched up the kid, and left. My reps found it later, and I watched it on the video camera today.

omfg.