Salvage/Rebuilt title... come on in, whats the deal?

my post was in ref to the OP. not your situation. You are in a rare occassion here. You know the car was fixed right. Most ppl dont. If you want it, hop on it.

are there any insurence companies that will insure liability AND collision on a savlage title car? or are you doomed to liability only

I ended up buying a different car but man im telling you someone is going to get a sweet ass deal. I went and drove his car again and it is probably one of the most well maintained cars I have ever been in. I just didnt feel like dealing with the rebuilt title. I really hope he keeps it to be honest.

driving a rebuild salvage car doesn’t mean shit. i’ve fixed totals and my dad’s done it for 20 years. My cavalier was a total. U can have full collision on it. Willy check into who fixed it. and if its something that still worries you about the structral soundness take it to a body shop have them look it over. And if u have a hard time finding a shop to check it out for a reasonable price. PM me i know quite a few shops in the area that will prolly help ya out

what insurence companies do you know off hand that would insure with collision?

my grandprix had a salvage title and was fully insured with collision/theft/fire blah blah blah, i would only buy a salvaged car from someone if i knew that person, because i know what they had into the car and i know it was fixed right. same goes for when selling the car, i had it for sale for like 4months and no one wanted to look at it because of the title, even tho it was a perfect car. i ended up selling it to a friend because he knew how well maintained the car was

and then he ended up wrecking it 2months later :lol: poor car :frowning:

Uhh … no insurance companies care (not that i have ever heard of at least). I’ve had 23 salvage cars and not once have a ran into a problem with insurance. Loans, thats a whole nother problem though.

Not really. I’ve been selling at least 2 a year for the past 5 years, and they’ve all sold within 2 weeks. Most people really don’t care as long as there is good documentation and it was fixed correctly. Just have them take it to a shop to look over if you are worried when selling. If you show them you arent sketchy or afraid of people inspecting it, you should be fine to sell it.

I have had full coverage with Geico and Allstate

+1

Thank you Griff! Im going to look into it