Samii the Subie :) My Naturally-Badassperated Build

Nice car, I have a RS also

I know where you live. I live at warners lake, I eat at maple inn like once a week. No clue who you are though.

After the NA build you should bring it out for some AutoX!

Also, a little simple green, Armorall and a butt ton of elbow grease will make that engine look 100 time better.

thanks! GD or GC?

:eek: I’m scared…haha jk yea that’s like really close. lol great place for food though.

Oh I plan on it…autoX is mad fun. I usually run with PCA (as mentioned earlier) and I want to do scca ones but I’m not a member so it’d be $$$$$

also, I simple greened and pressure washed the engine bay 2 days after those pics but didn’t take more. it looks 10000X better now, but ill probably scrub it down more when the engines out. I also gotta get some special stuff from my dad and clean my stained seats.

Also an update, ordered my cams, and springs on Tuesday, and hopefully my clutch, flywheel, SS clutch line, head gasket, and timing belt kits were shipped today :slight_smile:

sti swapped gd

If you’re under 24 and it’s your first time in SCCA, then it is only 45 bucks for the whole year. I think it’s 40 for one race if you’re not a member.

How much per race if you are a member? and how many autoXs do they usually do per year?

Awesome. NA subarus FTW :number1

He’s an engine shot of my former white NA bugeye WRX right before I sold it. I must build another!

Pic didn’t work…btw, "NA bug eye WRX? lol the bugeyes are really sexy IMO. I absolutely love them. Especially white.

Edit: I lied pic works…stupid ass apple products. Anyways…I see what you did there XD what a win. Sweet swap…wish I had the time/money for a swap. Could you imagine a built turboed H6 swap??? Btw is that an intercooler I see? Just too cool the intake? I thought that wasnpretty much proven pointless on NA cars?

On a side note, PULLING THE ENGINE IN 6 DAYS!!!

Awesome. Take some pics.

What so you drive in the meantime?

And what happened to the other cars you didn’t want to mention?

lol @ intercooler comment. It’s a top mount oil cooler setup in place of where the original Ej20 intercooler was. Still kick myself in the nuts for selling it. I won’t clutter your build thread with pics, I’ll PM you with some more shots of my old car.

One good thing about the NA subarus. You can pull the engine out in a couple hours with a beer in hand :lol

hahaha i win at life (intercooler) sweet use of the scoop though. also, does the roof scoop have any purpose?

Oh I’m taking pics. haha ill be whipping my moms 00 Audi a6…WAGON BABY!! lol

and what “other cars I didnt want to mention”? I don’t follow…haha

super duper washed my car today! did it in the self service bay at my dads carwash, then ran it through the automatic for a final wash, and to get the underside. currently parked at my dads shop, and tomorrow, 7am, we pull itttt
SOOOFUCKINGPUMPED!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Go to bed you have a big day tomorrow.

hahaha ive been thinking the same thing…im looking up soooo much shit online just because. haha my dad said the machinist he uses shaved the heads (and theyve been shaved before, but valves will still clear) PnP, and valve job (doesnt know what angle though). he also installed my upgraded valve springs, and delta 2000 grind cams. hes a pro, so the PnP and valve job wont be oversized and uneffective!!!

received all my internal engine parts today, and ordering short throw shifter, shift knob, and suede shift boot tomorrow, along with bushings. ill order the header soon, and im looking for a catback. intake is gonna be custom (yay MAP!! :D) then the 29th ill order my ecu reflash. do it semi-step by step so if any problems occur, we can narrow it down easier.

new parts!!

old parts

removal

hello MR. leak

surprised to see this was actually followed through. i thought this was gonna be a fail ricefest

hellllll noo. not gonna lie, when i first got my first car (not this one) i was a little on the ricey side, but after a few months i realized function > form. lol

I think this build is gonna need some Nitrous. Chemical boost and intercooling FTW

I don’t believe I ever heard a subie boxer with big cams. Gonna have a lot of lope sound to it.

Just for shits and giggles, Im gonna throw some gas on your naturally aspirated fire with this:

There is an OBX/Ebay knockoff for A LOT less than that too