Samii the Subie :) My Naturally-Badassperated Build

I’ve made knock offs of that system for alot less too :lol You don’t see major benefits from it until you start pushing decent power and/or bump the redline up around 8500. Biggest benefit comes from having custom cams made to work with higher rpm limits, and the airflow change of an ITB setup. EG33 thrives on setups like this.

I wish I had the time money and resources to tune nitrous (a real system not some ghetto Nos shit. haha the subie rumble sounds badass as it is, but since my car is MAP it actually will have idle issues and possibly throw misfire CELs but it will smooth out with the ECU reflash.

yea my rev limit will be 6750 with the ECU and that IM wont net much for my build. a possiblle for the future though

refer to response to Bryan haha

Yeah, even my TWM’s were a lot less than even half that. And I definitely hear ya about the cams, theyve been on my list for years. I havent been too aggressive to get them made but I know damn well that my setup wont see its potential until I do, along with my planned headwork/valvetrain.

Dont worry Devon, ITBs are overrated anyhow!:lol:ninja Seriously though, looks like youre making great progress!

I’m sitting in front of your house right now. My pants are off.

the build is at my dads shop not my house. sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

Nitrous isn’t bad to tune you just have to play it safe. I don’t know how hard it is to get to the plugs on one of these but that may be an obstacle for nitrous tuning. A 50 or 75 shot would be plenty. Just got to have a full throttle switch, RPM window switch, and fuel pressure shut off.

subaru engines dont like nitrous :rofl

Apparently they don’t like boost either. LMAO

my dad used to run a setup like this back in the day with his 88 monte carlo. i wasnt around when it was alive though…haha

ive seen videos… :ninja

only some…(ej20k cough)

oh and i just saw the price on that intake manifold, ummmm…thats an STi swap price thanks…

More Pics!!

On the engine stand

Cleaned off/out the tranny bell housing

Old heads:

New (used) heads :slight_smile: contains: shaved bottom, Delta 2000 grind cams, 06 AVCS valve springs, PnP, 3 angle valve job

Intake ports

Exhaust ports

new timing belt, in time and installed!

funny story on the timing belt, we put all the new idlers and water pump and stuff on, and i go “i wanna put the belt on” i put the belt on, didnt even mean to, and ended up putting the timing marls on the belt spot on with the timing marks on the crank and cam gears. FTMFW! lol

lookin good

thanks!

so we finished her engine wise today…got the engine back in, and it idles like complete shit. but i was expecting that due to the cams. the ECU reflash and letting the car adjust should fix that though. other than that, we test drove it, and it runs beautifully :smiley: except its overheating…we think it may be a bubble in the coolant, but ill keep it updated.

Keep up the good work! Just making sure noone is shitting in your thread.

fixed

what kind of number are you hoping for?

lmao :rofl

in my 2nd post i believe ive got all the guesstimations. but hopefully somewhere between 210-220 HP at the crank. hopefully should be running with stock WRXs

More pics while the videos upload

New oil separator plate and rear main seal

ACT Streetlight flywheel installed

Exedy Stage 1 clutch kit installed

shes ready to go back in :slight_smile:

Here we go!! :smiley:

In and ready for start up!!

videos soon to come :slight_smile:

I would like to use this post to thank 2 people.

First off is my dad for giving in to my plans to build this car, even after what happened to my previous car. I know we paid a little more than the car was technically worth, and i really appreciate getting this car even though she was rough to start, and not totally worth what we paid. I appreciate everything he has done for me, especially helping me out with a lot of the finances, one of them being the shop time and little things like fuel filters, oil, spark plug wire, ETC. being in the business REALLY helps this out. Also, having to pay your employee, even though you aren’t making any money from it. I literally couldn’t have asked for a better dad http://www.rs25.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif (although im sure you knew it was coming…look at your childhood and your first son http://www.rs25.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif )

2nd is my dad’s employee Bill. Sure. Hes getting paid to do his job, this isnt the first Subaru motor hes pulled out and apart. But he still had to deal with me and all my crazy shit and being all excited about it :stuck_out_tongue: Im sure i annoyed the shit outta him, and i just want to say thank you for all the help, hell thanks for practically everything that had to do with this. I literally couldn’t have done it without you.

Have you been driving the car at all? Was wondering who everyone on the hill was mixing me up with…I also drive a white impreza and live in Knox

really? where abouts? and i drive her EVERY day except the past 5 (for obvious reasons :wink: ) but how can anyone confuse a bugeye with an 06? lmao