Samsung Omnia..

I’m looking for a new phone since I’ve had the envy for over 2 years now and my battery last’s about 3/4 of a day. I know everyone has a blackberry, but I’m not interested in one. I don’t care to spend an extra $30 a month for my plan.

The Samsung Omnia looks pretty cool and is only $150 with a new contract. I like the 5 megapixle camera since I take a lot of pics with my phone…It has a good amount of memory, and i have a micro SD card to add to it from my current phone.

has anyone actually used this phone? how fast/slow is it? did you like it or is it kinda gay?

you will also spend the extra 29.99 for this FYI

^ word, just checked into it today. $30/mo for all smartphones not just blackberry :tdown:

I messed with it real quick in the store. Kind of a pain in the ass to use. Screen didn’t seem very accurate. And the texting was rediculous also. I picked up a Dare instead. Texting took a day to get used to with the touch screen. I have had it for 3 weeks now and really like it. Also has a 3.2 megapixel camera.

smartphone without a data plan is asking for trouble. either man up or stick with the regular phones.

i just bought the nokia 5800 xpressmusic i love the phone it makes the iphone look stupid. many more features. take a look at it. but the only bad thing i have at&t

get the voyager or the dare, hell the BB Storm is cool

voyager is a POS

no its not.

Just get a dare if you want a touch screen phone that isn’t a PDA. The Omnia is windows mobile and even with dual processors its still really slow.

you probably don’t have any idea what you are talking about

What?

:tif: I’ve had smartphones for about a year and a half. Might have had my data turned on for about 4 months of that. It’s nice to have, but I’m happy using it as a local PDA/cell phone. I’m within 20 feet of a computer during 95% of my waking hours :hang: so I’m plenty connected.

However if you don’t buy the full data plan, have them block your data so you don’t fuck up and get a huge bill.

You’re right I have no idea. I only work for VzW and have seen failure rates, return rates, and technical bulletins on every phone we’ve ever sold.

Well played, sir.

Data plans are now mandatory on all PDA phones that have launched after mid-november.

FUCK. I told myself I wouldn’t post in any more cell phone threads on this forum anymore because I deal with enough retarded consumers at my job as it is (that’s not towards you Fry, more so the average NYSpeeder).

OK, back to that commitment.

yo have been trained well my friend

so out of all the posts in this thread, i found maybe 3 useful pertaining to the phone itself. i dont care about arguing whether or not data plans are useful. lets here more info about the damn phone…does anybody even own it yet?

Yeah, retail blows. Dealing with cell phone customers in any capacity anyway…

So mandatory data huh? I’ll have to keep that in mind. Thanks.

Glad I got my centro when I did, fuck the data. Sudoku and chat style text ftw.

voyager is a POS? funny i have NO problem at all with it. and the new software update is kick ass.

probably going to pick this up right now. im going to play around with both this and the storm, but i think im going to like this better.

http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/gadgetpr0n/65814/Samsung-Omnia-Phone-Review.html

there is a review, find out for yourself the shortcomings of the omnia.