BB Storm vs. Samsung Omnia (Iphones out, Omnias in!)

ok so, now that iv determined that the iphone is just too complicated to get right now, its a toss up between the Storm and the Omnia, both offered by verizon.

So which ones i better? lets here your input. Thanks!

the BB storm will not replace the music function of the ipod… so if that is your intention scrap that idea.

However with that said, at&t and t-mo suck a fat cock in terms of service soooooooo I would never get an iphone.

the BB storm will blow the doors off of the gay enV though.

uh oh, in on page one

this is about to get hella ugly

i already know that going into just for the fact that i have an ipod hookup in my car and will not be able to hook it up. thats why i would keep my ipod. the only reason i would buy the BB is to stay with verizon.

iv never had any problems with verizon’s service or products.

well i retract part of my first statement… if you want it for portable music, yea itll hold plenty of music and play it. but you wont have the same type of support in regards to car docks, home docks etc.

you’re correct on the service, you will only be going backwards in terms of coverage switching off of verizon in buffalo.

Can you use the iphone on t-mo?

thats the biggest thing for me. i enjoy verizon and its network. I also pay like $40 a month, if that being that its a family plan. i just wire the money over to my moms bank account every month.

i wouldnt mind having the phone under my name, but its not a huge deal to me.

you do realize that 40/month would turn into 70/month right?

yes, thats not a big deal, i can hold my own when it comes to the money side of it. im looing for the best way to go though.

damn verizon has to be so greedy and not allow the iphone to work on their network. i bet they lost alot of customers due to the iphone being released.

^^^EASILY

stupid verizon not carrying the iphone. i know it will happen eventually and im waiting for it

lol would not count on it. IMO, get the storm and keep your ipod.

i have the storm and like it a lot.

LOL i just signed off a package for my brother that he delivered to my house and when he got here and opened it, it was his brand new BB STORM!!! what a dick, he didnt even tell me he bought one. after getting hands on with it, im pretty confident that ill buy it. especially since i have $100 off and its only around $100 to buy after that.

Here we go…

Honestly, go to the stores and play with both. Some people can’t stand the iPhone interface and love the Storm. I personally have yet to see a interface that comes close to the iPhone and love it.

I am a huge nokia fan check out this phone i just bought it i love it
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
General 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100
HSDPA 850 / 1900 - American version
Announced 2008, October
Status Available. Released 2008, November
Size Dimensions 111 x 51.7 x 15.5 mm, 83 cc
Weight 109 g
Display Type TFT touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 360 x 640 pixels, 3.2 inches

• Proximity sensor for auto turn-off
  • Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate
  • Handwriting recognition
    Ringtones Type Polyphonic (64 channels), MP3
    Customization Download
    Vibration Yes
    • Stereo speakers
      Memory Phonebook Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photocall
      Call records Detailed, max 30 days
      Card slot microSD (TransFlash), up to 16GB, 8GB included, buy memory
    • 81 MB internal memory
  • 128 MB SDRAM memory
  • ARM 11 369 MHz CPU
    Data GPRS Class 32
    HSCSD Yes
    EDGE Class 32
    3G HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps
    WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, UPnP technology
    Bluetooth Yes, v2.0 with A2DP
    Infrared port No
    USB Yes, v2.0 microUSB
    Features OS Symbian OS v9.4, Series 60 rel. 5
    Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging
    Browser WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML, RSS feeds
    Games Yes + Java downloadable, order now
    Colors Black, Red, Blue
    Camera 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus, video(VGA@30fps), flash; secondary videocall camera
    • Built-in GPS receiver
  • A-GPS support
  • Nokia Maps 2.0 Touch
  • Java MIDP 2.0
  • MP3/WMA/WAV/eAAC+ player
  • MPEG4/WMV/3gp video player
  • Stereo FM radio with RDS
  • TV out
  • 3.5 mm audio output jack
  • Voice command/dial
  • Document viewer
  • T9
  • Photo editor
  • Built-in handsfree
    Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion 1320 mAh(BL-5J)
    Stand-by Up to 406 h
    Talk time Up to 8 h 45 min

it has an fm radio also, its 470 unlocked on phonesource-usa.com

trust me, my ipod touch is jailbroken and i use the shit out of it. i just used the blackberry and i know im not going to like the ability to not mod my phone cuz verizon locks them, but im sure ill get over it. if i keep my ipod and my phone i should be fine. all i use my phone for is txting and talking.

also having my ipod doesnt kill the battery of my phone and vice versa.

is that nokia offered on verizons network? if not then its out of the question. the iphone would be the only phone to make me veer off of verizons network, other than that im good.

yea i didn’t care for the iphone at first then i got use to typing on the keyboard… I love it now.

pointless imo. i don’t want to carry around 2 devices. i would consolidate them and buy one that does both, but i wouldn’t buy a new one of the two that necessitates me to still have the other.