So Im buying a BB Storm...

…and Ive got a few questions.

Most of the reviews I see, people say the battery life is terrible. Most of the reviews are dated from a month after its release or just a couple weeks. Since its half a year later, has the battery life situation improved? Is the Seidio 2600mAh extended battery worth the investment?

Other questions…

-Does the click screen ever lose its functionality?
-How is the browser compared to safari?
-Any cool hacks or anything equivalent to an iphone being unlocked?
-Are there any good card games? I know it lacks 3D capabilities of the iphone but there still has to be some decent ones out there…

Ive also used the touch/click screen and I was actually quite happy with it. I know Ive always said the touch/iphone had the best screen, which it still does IMO, but that was before I used this phone. I think the screen is acceptable and very usable, although still just a bit inferior to the iphones. Reason Im buying it is to combine my ipod and cell into one device w/o leaving verizon. Ive seen a couple of the Storm vs 3G threads on here, but those are old and didnt cover some of the questions I had.

Let me know what you guys think.

:lol:

The screen is better…you can unlock and install whatever…good games…why don’t you just get an iphone.

Isnt the cheapest for 3g 120 a month? Its 95 a month for verizon. Thats a huge factor. And I dont play tons of games. I just want some simple card games. The storm also has picture messaging and a better camera, swappable battery, micro sd support etc. I wasnt looking for advice on which phone to buy. Ive already decided in favor of the storm. I was just looking for advice on battery, decent apps, and how the browser compares to safaris since I didnt get to use an activated one.

the iphone is comming to verizon FYI if u didnt kno…

i have the storm. its my second one in 3 months… the last one i had the screen kept freezing etc… i love the phone, the camera’s great(takes a bit to get use too), the internet is awesome, personally i think its a great phone… sometimes the texting gets old but other than that when its not freezing its great ha

Source?

120 a month? its like 70

Yea with no txt messages its 30 for data + basic plan of 39.99

Unlimited txt is $20 more.

It’s already out behind the scenes. PM Evolve.

Rumors are they are dropping the data plan to 19.99 within a month

SO Verizon is dropping data plan costs AND getting the IPhone?!

:tup:

Oh, Ontopic… my best friend has the Storm and he says he likes it a lot. He didn’t have any complaints.

haha niice…:lol:

Anybody have experience with the extended battery on it? Curious to know if its THAT much better and worth getting.

IF you don’t have programs that constantly update/connect to send data, it’s not bad at all.

um you can get it cheaper than $95/month for just voice and data.

Of course, you don’t really need the data plan on Verizon. They just tell you that because they want to make more money.

:word:

PM Evolve he will get you setup

The guy at the store I went to originally to setup my plan gave me a 20% discount a month.

el oh el

ignore the dolts

I know about 20 people who have had this phone and hate it when they compare it directly to the iPhone.

It is a pretty cool phone if you are locked to Verizon and want a touch screen phone with the blackberry functionality but after June and the 3.0 update along with the rumors of up to 3 new iPhone models, you might seriously want to wait and check out them if you have the ability to switch to ATT.

That would be 100x more entertaining if PMs were limited to like 25 or 50 messages on here. Haha