Samsung Omnia vs BB Storm

well verizon and alltel have recently combined forces… so the samsung phone is now available for verizon. So im going to order one of these phones by monday and im wonder positives or negatives on both… heres a link on both

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=4366&changingCompletedOrder=

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=4286

The Omnia has a great camera, and thats about all i know… how does the texting work on these. I like the chat texting where it shows up in a conversation not a single text.

I have no clue on the Omnia, but here is a thread with the same title. It may help.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62577&highlight=Omnia

I’d go Omnia. Faster, smaller, WM6.1 so you can fix anything you don’t like about it.

Despite all the RIM jobs on here I can’t really find a reason to be gaga for a blackberry.

whoops sry

the omnia also is 16gb

pretend im a jackass and dont really know what that means (:meh:)

so is that the amount of space on the phone or speed or what

um the omnia has been available on vzw for awhile. has nothing to do with altell.

and bb = more gooder. but im biased.

It would be the amount of memory available for storing MP3’s and whatnot on the phone, if he was right. He’s not. The Omnia on Verizon has 8 gigabytes of built-in memory. If that’s not enough you can expand it with a microSD memory card.

Honestly, your best bet is to go play with them both. They’re both good phones, and there are plenty of apps for customizing them both. I’m playing with the idea of upgrading to the Omnia at some point myself, but I’ve never owned a blackberry and everyone that has them loves them so there must be something that I’m missing.

I’m not sure if I believe it, but I read that the Omnia has a capacitive touch screen, like the iphone. Most phones have a resistive touch screen, aka require you to press harder. Capacitive screens respond better, but won’t work with a glove on or with a standard stylus.

well i just watched some youtube vids on the omnia and it does come with a stylus but im not sure about the screen. and i would go play with them but theres not a verizon store in over 100miles so its a bit out of reach. i might wait a week until im back in buffalo so i can play with both.

im leaning towards the Omnia though

but seriously everyone loves there BB’s on here… i think im missing something to fry

i have the omnia and it def takes a while to get used to. i put the stylus on my keychain and it works just fine. its better than looking like a fag with a charm hanging from your phone.

As for the windows mobile, its a bitch to get used to if you have never owned a windows mobile phone. iv taken mine in to have things fixed that i couldnt even begin to diagnose, but thats the good thing about verizon, drop it off for an hour and its usually fixed.

The camera is awesome on it, the memory is good too and it comes in handy as a replacement for an ipod. the phone comes with an adaptor to hook up headphones and can be used in a car. It also has an inline microphone for hands free driving.

Most of the reviews have placed this phone number one over its competition.

its a blackberry thing. you wouldnt understand.

and the storm comes with 8gb of memory as well

^I’ve had WM phones for a couple of years now, and I can’t imagine having one now without SPB Pocket Plus installed. It turns a WM phone into what it should have been in the first place. Icons on your today screen, a close button that actually closes, zip file support, safe mode if you reboot 3 times in 5 minutes so you can defuck anything you fucked, etc. It also gives your phone “smart scrolling” aka inertia scrolling, aka iphone like flip of a finger to move a web page around. Some other stuff too. You can download it and try it for free from SPB, and then buy it for like $25. Or if you look around coughtorrentcough you could probably find it for free.

When my upgrade comes up I’m torn between getting an Omnia or touch pro or something, or getting a storm, giving it to the wife, and taking her curve. I’d have to swap the pink shell of course.

thats right! ur better half has a BB! i cant believe you are still holding out…

Still looking for a reason to give up my BB flower. Nobody can seem to provide me with one, other than all the cool kids are doing it. Which is usually good enough for me.

Although I really like WinMo 6.1. Probably my favorite Microsoft OS. :mamoru: Stable, fast, tons of aps. WinMo 6.0 sucked ass though. It was like ME to XP when I reflashed my i760.

Wait, why am I still up?

:lol: And the one and only absolutely solitary reason that she has a blackberry is purely for no other reason than… It’s pink.

+1, and
:rofl: at RIM jobs.

RIM has some AWESOME job openings right now, btw.

:snky:

BB storm kinda sucks as a PHONE… I really don’t like how slow it takes to open applications…and i think the texting on it sucks as well

Omnia: 5mp camara/16g > BB Storm: 3.2mp camara/1G