Samsung Omnia?

Anyone here have one? If so, is it any good?

so are you and dark star getting a family plan?

faggots.

Hey buddy, haven’t talked to you in awhile! Have you managed to blow up any 14 second toyotas lately?!? Eat a dick.

hey buddy! it went 13.9 after I folded in the mirrors and took your fat ass mother out of the passenger seat!

I have the omnia. Honestly, I do not recommend it at all. I am regretting not picking a blackberry storm instead.

Cool man! 13.90 is super bad ass. You must have taken your lips all the way off of Cheeks micro-cock to achieve such an accomplishment! Keep living the dream! :greddy2:

Yea, ive been reading some pretty bad reviews of it. I think I’m gonna pass on it.

I like it alot, and haven’t had any negative thoughts on it yet… It’s a little sluggish, but I thought the Storm was sluggish too. I like the WinMo 6.1 too, pretty slick.

The Camera on it is good, I like the e-mail setup, battery life is pretty damn good for a PDA/Smartphone, I can get about 2 full days on a charge with the WiFi and the Bluetooth turned off.

I keep reading that its a bitch to text on and that it periodically shuts off on its own?

meh, iphone or storm are the only 2 touch phones ive used that i would trust not having a real keyboard with. I went with the i760 and im pretty happy with it.

the iphone is decent but the storm on-screen keyboard sucks.

I like having the actual keys to type with, even the iphone is hard to use and it’s the best one out there.

I’ve had the omnia since before it was on shelves… b/c thats how i roll.

Overall, its not bad. The biggest thing you need to get used to is windows. If you like windows, its great. If you dont like windows, then its not the phones fault, its windows fault… so dont blame teh phone. I spent time with the omnia and the storm and i felt the storm was signifigantly slower than the omnia. The screen being a button I cant deal with. I’ve only had a couple instances where i was doing like 90 things at once and it gave me a straight up windows error and asked very nicely if i wanted to report it to microsoft… well after i dug it out of my wall for which it was thrown, i restarted it and it was fine. Its small, slim, fast… 5mp cam which is insane. tons of crap that i’ll probably never use… im happy with it overall as a pda phone.

If you text with the phone upright it’s a pain because the letters are close together, even worse if you don’t really have fingernails to press the keys. I find that holding the phone sideways is better and I think it’s pretty accurate for being a touchscreen. Some words I mess up but I have heard it’s an issue on other touchscreen phones too and not just the Omnia.

As fas as randomly shutting down, I haven’t heard of anything like that and haven’t had that issue with mine yet.

the omnia has the xt9 crap or whatever that guesses what you wanted to type if you start screwing it up… thats pretty nice.

I love my Omnia.
Steep learning curve on txting with no keys. But once your fingers are used to it, it’s just like anything else.
Run a memory card and cleanup software (I use MemAid) and you’re golden.
I’ve never had slowdowns or crashes. Runs way faster than my old Treo700WX did.
Our Canadia reps use Blackberrys. At meetings we compare. Omnia wins.
Most of the reviews I’ve read are good, so I don’t know about all the “bad” reviews mentioned. I can find bad reviews for anything.
The camera is awesome. Here is a pic from it with no adjustments (just pointed and clicked on “AUTO”:

Cons:
*Widget bar should let you put any application/program on it without having to go to the main menu. And you can’t put anything on your today screen if you choose to use widget bar.
*Screen could have sharper resolution, but it isn’t bad.
*Have to physically dial mailbox and password for voicemails on my office phone. Can’t set up to auto dial that stuff.
*Tough to physically pull up contact list, BUT using voice command works great so I never even use the screen to do that. Voice command never worked on my Treo, so I had to keep reminding myself to use it on this phone.
*xt9 Sucks ass. Suggests words that have nothing to do with what you’re typing. Typing an email addy with xt9 switched on is a joke. There may be more to it if I’d actually read the directions for xt9, but for now at least, I have that function shut off.

The PROS are too long to list. Great phone. I was going to get the HTC Touch Pro, but I like this one better. If you use memory card, dump some files and any temp files and cache and all media to it instead of internal memory, and use clean-up software, the phone does everything advertized.

Oh, and one thing I forgot. Some within my company who chose this phone hate it; moreso because they hate change than because of anything the phone or software does. If they couldn’t access a contact, let’s say, in the same manner they did it on their last phone, they hate it. So, as always, even if you are used to Windows Mobile, this phone, as any with these capabilities I’m sure, has a learning curve. Ways I went about doing things on the Treo with Windows Mobile are not how this thing functions. I just had to learn a new way of getting the same thing. Once that’s done and I’ve adjusted my brain, it’s a great phone.

Oh yeah I like the FM Radio too.