Sandwich?!

I search for fucking sandwiches, and all i fucking find are coke on my bills.
wtf?
fucking vbsearch.
I thought there was a thread something similar.

But anyway.
What do you guys eat for lunch at work, aside from eating out?
It’s expensive, so I don’t do it!

What kinda sandwiches do you make?
whatcha put on them?
Or do you take soup or what? (I do this quote often if no lunch meat can be found!)

One guy at my work has Aldi brand spaghetti/meatballs in a can every day since I’ve been there (5 months).

Sooo
what do all you guys do when you take a lunch to work?

edit;
ib4someonepoststhatstupidfuckingdoublepizzle2000lbhamburgersandwichshit.

rotation of ham, turkey, buffalo chicken and hard salami sandwiches. all with chedder cheese and either m. whip or mustard. some fruit and chips are a must. i buy those propel powder drink packets for drinks too, put em in my nalgene, top with water and enjoy. i eat out maybe once every other week.

“”"“What???”""""

today was wegman’s organic turkey, horseradish spread, Munster cheese, sun dried tomatoes, mixed organic greens, whole wheat bread and a little thousand island dressing.

I made an awesome grilled cheese thread a while ago, that was kinda of just and awesome food thread.

I often eat tuna fish out of a can, or make some lunch meat sammies.

Left overs from dinner also work great. I only go out to eat when my company or someone else’s company pays for it.

ramen noodles ftw

Lmao, this is the same things I’m doing, except I also throw in roast beef.
but usually do lettuce/cheese/bacon on all but the salami/roast beef.
Was looking for some other ideas. :]

thankksss keep 'em coming?

Some guys at my work eat out every single day… It’s like Gdamn dude.
$7 a day, 5 times a week… $35… $140+ a month just on lunch? Fuck.

When i cook dinner I throw on an extra steak or piece of chicken. If not ill grab a yogurt and lean cusiene, or healthy choice. Sammys on days that i feel like it, but on hardrolls.

The only thing I want to add in this thread is, for ultimate value -especially with roast beef - buy your own meats and cook them. Do not overcook them though. Season the outside heavily, invest in a probe thermometer, sharpen your knives and save mad cash.

Also, pitas are GREAT to break the bread cycle that tends to get boring. And sliced cheapo velveeta (wegmans brand is 2.99 for a brick I think) is actually great on sandwiches and lasts way longer than sliced cheese. And buy a pound of bacon, bake it on a perforated sheet pan with a catch pan underneat, at about 400, until done. Dry on paper towels and store in tupperwear, use on all sandwiches EVAR for best results

typically what I would do:

buy a good pork round, trim the fat

season with salt, pepper, brown sugar, baste with sherry

cook at a lowish temp (350 is alright if it’s a good sized cut) till the

internal temp is 148-150, or if you poke it and it’s the same firmness as
the middle of the underside of your forearm

let sit on a cutting board for a few minutes

slice as thin as you can (if you want, you can half freeze it and it’ll make it easier to slice)

then throw that shee-it on a pita with some bacon and velveeta = super good, cheap sandwich

this is gonna sound gay, coming from a fat dude.

I like to take the spinach pesto wraps from wegmans and use one of those with tuna and light helmans. i like my tuna to be drier, not swimming in mayo. that with either a piece of lorainne style swiss or some shreaded cheese of choice makes a nice lunch.

Cant go wrong with chunky vegtable soup tho.

Good idea about bacon in the oven, lol.
I usually use a griddle and put foil over it. My mom actually taught me that when i lived at home… to keep all the greese from flying all over. Then I put it in tupperware (I have tons, and tons of containers), and put it on nearly every sandwich i ever make. Usually I buy the bacon at Sam’s in some bulk package, divide it up and freeze what I’m not cooking right away.

Ooooh not a bad idea, Sounds kind of good actually.
I usually don’t even go to wegmans to be honest, stuff is so expensive there compared to uh… walmart :stuck_out_tongue: Even walking in the store, you know the place is expensive. So fancy :x
I might have to check them out.

Chunky soup is one of my usuals as well. Ill just throw a bunch in the cart from wally world, and use them on days when I’m running late or forget to make a lunch the night before… Heat them up in a tupperware container @ work, and good to go. Same goes for the new Healthy Request lunches that come in a plastic container that you just add water… then heat it for ~5 mins and mix in the sauce.

Also, I’ve never had a Pita before actually.
Seems to be pretty popular… so maybe that’ll be in my near future.

Bring foreman grill to work and make steak. /thread

You know what i use to eat for BREAKFAST? Cocaine…

You know what i use to eat for LUNCH? Cocaine…

awww shit i have one too.
i should do that just to piss everyone else off.

I live walking distance from where i work and walk home and grill on the foreman all the time. I would deff bring it to work if i was not walking distance though.

Sammich i make all the time

cut skinless boneless chicken breast into 4 pieces
hit with garlic and red pepper
foreman them bitches
lightly toast bread of choice
lettuce
ranch+franks
enjoy

Sounds boring but slices of cheese. I go through them by the packs. Yellow, white and swiss.

the only thing i ever buy from wegmans, is cases of dasani, damn super wally for not having them, those spinach wraps, because they are wegmans brand, and the occasional deli meat.

I wish I had/made time to pack a lunch. The only time I ever do though is if I make a big pot of something on Sunday night. Boil the shit out of a whole chicken with a bunch of celery salt & rosemary & onion & garlic, sieve it all out, pick out the meat and return it to the broth, add chopped onion, carrot, celery, whatever. Pack into single serving tupperware things and freeze.

That reminds me, the only good thing about the end of August is chili season is starting soon. Couple pounds of grass fed organic ground beef, seasoning, chopped onion & bell pepper, red beans. Eat with saltine crackers. Mmm.