Saratoga Best Buy-5/12

Just read a bunch of the erngotti evo thread. Fucking classic.

I’d like to chime in:

I just put an aftermarket clutch in my Evo and Mangino was happy to get the business. They even dropped their price to what everyone else was going to charge and I have a good relationship so why the hell not.

You will never see the dealer warranty a clutch period since it’s a wear item unless of course the car is literally off the boat with very few miles.

They are also mod friendly to a point. This is the way the expalined it to me; they’re fine with doing warranty work with me having basic bolt ons but if I throw a huge turbo on the car and I put a window in the block then obviously it’s my fault.

As Andrew said too the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act puts the burden on the dealer to prove your mod caused the issue.

The Evo is an exceptional DD. I can get to work or to Planned Parenthood in any weather guaranteed.

The transmission issue on the X is a crapshoot really. The rear diff pins have been known to fail on stock to heavily modified cars alike. Ern and I are perfect examples, we both have 08’s and I have zero issues (so far) with 380WHP while Ern had the issue with just basic bolt-ons and no tune.
It’s not the transmission per se but the lack of fluid getting to the gears due to internal design. Shep’s and Jack’s both offer the service to correct this issue and weld the pins into place eliminating the issue.

I’ve been pulled over only once by a State Trooper in Catskill and he just wanted to check out the car.:tongue

I know you’ve had a lot of problems with your X Ern, some of it was your fault (I.E. gravel drifitng lol) and some of it wasn’t (I.E. diff pins), but you know I’m always here to help you with any questions you have pertaining to the car. You know I read a lot about them and AVB and I have really been brainstorming about these cars to find out what makes the best reliable power so feel free to join us one of these nights at the lot and I hope to see you in LG again this year.

NO.

LOL. Yeah my Evo was a barn queen for quite awhile, to the point that some field mice spent more time in it than me. That was due to a high travel job and having a company car.

Once I started at GF I DD my car and it’s an awesome way to get to work.

Again though it makes reliable power, I’m not trying make it a beast quite yet since I need a DD. Once I get a beater truck then all bets are off.

Have read said thread and don’t know why it’s not in the epic part of the forum haha

:rofl

:rofl

I can’t stop laughing… the wheel choice argument is hilarious

It just gets better and better. The spray painted engine cover, fucking up the head lights, the video of the gravel doughnuts, list goes on.

this thread went to shit but at least its a good read:pop

Happens a lot around here.

Ern gotti is officially the Shift Retard.

Dont DD a fuckin evo. LOLLLLLL. I would DD the ball’s off one.

fuck, I DD my Camaro on drag radials, a huge cam and nitrous. Ern, your retarted.

Funny how the people who show up for 15 minutes and leave without talking to anyone say its “a bunch of tools” there, if you dont like it, dont show up simple as that.

+1
Granted you have your handful of tools and this saturday had a few more than usual but for the most part everybody is fairly chill there.

theres gonna be “tools” everywhere, the biggest mistake we make up here (were all guilty of it) is just ignoring those people and acting like were better than them, eveyrone starts somewhere… maybe strike up a convo and teach them a thing or two to help em out rather than just acting too cool for the world and leaving after 20 minutes…

There have been 3-4 people that showed up last weekend that are referring to the majority of the crowd as “tools”.

Can someone chime in before I waste my time going next weekend.

Describe said tools.

http://static8.businessinsider.com/image/4fa9429b6bb3f7363800000f/teenagers-car.jpg

Fuck.

I’m out.

hahahaha

Pretty close. However, they seem to flock to cars with stickers on them. I thought it was hilarious that everyone ran up to the stock EVO and the kid opened his hood. Shit was nearly 100% stock aside from an “intake”… here we are, standing next to a ~800whp EVO and no one even looked at it. Hahahahaha.

That being said, there was a fair share of good people there. The whole thing is, being in such a well-lit, highly frequented area – you’re destined to have tools-in-tow. It’s not going to stop me from showing up on occasion. :dunno