Saratoga County Teen killed in late night crash

Woke up to this…:banghead

11:24 AM
Teen killed in late night crash
By: Web Staff

SARATOGA COUNTY, N.Y. – A Saratoga County teen is dead after the pickup truck she was riding in hit a utility pole and rolled over.

It happened around 10:30 last night in the Town of Providence.

The County Sheriff’s office said Brian Vecchio, 18, of Ballston Spa tried to pass an SUV along Barkerville Road. When he did, police said he lost control of the pickup, hit a utility pole, and rolled.

The passenger, Noelle Johnson, 17, was taken to Saratoga Hospital where she died.
Vecchio was taken to Albany Medical Center.

The Sheriff’s office said charges are pending.

source: YNN

sad to hear, sounds like an inexperienced driver being a dick and losing control of his shitty truck

sad to hear is was the passenger that passed

Its always sad to hear when the passenger gets killed or more hurt than the driver in a situation they had no control over.

Something the driver is going to have to live with the rest of his life.

seems odd they were taken to two different hospitals. Is that done to prevent the girl’s family from beating the fuck out of him?

No, Albany Med probably has a better trauma unit or something. That is terrible to hear that the passenger passed away. RIP

It’s always the passenger. Rip

Wouldn’t be surprised if either the passenger was dead on the spot and just not announced 'till they brought her to the hospital (such as racing or many sport event deaths) or the injuries were such where time was of the essence and they brought her to the closest clinic.

Albany Med is an extremely highly regarded hospital, so if injuries are serious and they can make it to the hospital in time, it would be the one to chose.

It should have been the other way around. Facebook say the kid was an EMT too, wtf?

So young and so sad.

This. They pronounce dead at Albany med.

I wanna say the driver was taken to saratoga first, then transferred to albany med or something.
The whole thing is a really sad sitaution and very tragic. Being from ballston spa, I personally did not know her, but almost every single one of my friends did. A lot of people are very torn apart today. Prayers definately go out to her family, and close friends.

And for those who dont know the road, the area where he passed is a double line, no passing. So it was stupidity on the drivers part that caused this tragedy.

She was really good friends with my younger cousin.

RIP

WOW. I sorry to hear…:cry:

Also good friends with my younger brother in law who was in her BSHS class together. Very sad indeed

heard about this on FB…apperantly i know alot of people who knew her.

RIP.

I wonder if this is the accident a friend of mine left my garage last night for . He said someone he knew was in a bad accident and I haven’t heard from him today .

Have to agree. When I crashed my quad they took me to Albany med for that reason.

Update: http://capitalregion.ynn.com/content/top_stories/569504/ballston-spa-teen-killed-in-late-night-crash/

Just watching facebook with all the people I know who know her, its truly saddening to see how many people this is really affecting. I personally did not know her, but from what ive gathered from talking to people I know who were close to her thought extremely highly of her, and were really impacted by her as a friend.
Very sad to see somebody so young, and so truly smart and motivated to have their life tragically taken.

But on the lighter note, Its truly amazing to see how everybody is grouping together in support of each other, as well as her family. Im used to BSHS being very drama filled, and not once today have I seen anybody start drama, or continue it, in fact Ive seen more people who I know have many differences come together to support each other. To me that really shows how large of an impact Noelle had on everybody in her peer group

Im not normally a very emotional guy, but just in talking my friends through it its definately had an impact on me today, and makes me extremely sad.

like I said before, RIP, and many prayers to her friends and family.

The automotive deaths this year are insane. All of them have been young, inexperienced drivers causing them too. I would LOVE to see the driving test get more demanding, the laws strickened AND ENFORCED. Make the new drivers go to shock type courses that scare the living shit out of them. Have the victim’s friends and family’s speak at them. Get into these kids heads and at least try PREVENT this from happening. But sadly this is a pipe dream that requires lots of work and money this state would rather waste on “move over laws” that casue more accidents than they avoid from what I can personally see, and other petty bs that dont seem to do a lick of good.

RIP for the poor girl and condolences to the friends and family. If this is anything like when i lost my close friend in highschool, the impact on her friends will be heavy this morning. I remember that Monday when Pete died clear as day, and it actually twists my stomach now typing this. It was an eye opener for me back then, which still carry’s weight for many of my decisions I make in my life to this day. Hopefully same sort of thing that will happen for many others today.