RIP :(

Last night at 3am, I recieved a call saying that 5 girls who were from Fairport High School (Rochester) were on their way to celebrate their graduation less than a week prior at a cottage.

Their SUV tried to pass a vehicle who tried to speed up and not let the girls car over. After they got over, they lost control of the car and collided with an oncoming semi head on. All 5 girls in the car were pronounced dead on scene.

No alcohol or drugs were involved, just a tragic crash that took the lives of 5 young girls. I hope out of respect that anyone who is from the area can just take a moment to remember them.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/06/27/teens.crash.ap/index.html

wow, thats terrible

everyday I thank God when I wake up because apparently I’m the only person able to hit a semi-truck head on and live

Very sad.

that is horrible to hear. i cant imagine what their families must feel like.

…btw svtfocus, i have also hit a semi head on and been made it through

i was thinking you after i read what the above post was, must be the new metal in your arm

wow, that’s a hard hit to the community. I would hate to be the friends in the car following them and have to see that happen.

this brought down my morning :frowning:

I did hear that the truck driver who was driving the semi might have saved the second car’s occupants life. From what I understand and what people have been saying, the girls ran out of the second car to rush to the accident. The trucker was out of his truck and already telling them to get away. Within seconds, the car burst into flames.

I do ask that please don’t turn this thread into a story about how you might have cheated death. This has been a very tough time for the community and families so please keep this thread only for responses to the topic.

Thanks

sorry to hear

if you read between the lines, the words “too fast” and “improper passing” come to mind. obviously the police and media are dancing on eggshells and not coming out and SAYING that considering the tragic circumstances… I am not saying they were, I clearly wasn’t there. just that it’s likely - almost nobody I know passes, much less DRIVES at or BELOW the speed limit. sad? yes. likely avoidable? also yes. to me, that’s almost the bigger shame…

in the article it says the van they were passing may have sped up when they tried to pass. Thats seriously messed up on a one lane road if thats the case.

edit. nevermind… re-read the R News version.

speaking of… have I mentioned I fucking HATE the “added drama” of news reporting?

Cuz, you know. they had to not only “paint that picture” but do it in such a “poetic” (read: BULLSHIT / overly melodramatic) sort of way. Hell, who says he’d be attending, anyway? I just graduated from RIT, ya think Al Simone (Pres, for those not familiar) would attend my funeral if I bit it this week? Didn’t think so…

But you know what they say, if it bleeds it leads.

edit2:

Actually…

The news was reporting that the SEMI was the vehicle making the pass. Not that it matters, regardless what actually happened, it’s tragic and sad. RIP

shitty

Ugh terrible story.

very sad

so many ribbons these days

Read this earlier…very sad…just goes to show that our lives can be taken at ANY moment and that we should live them as if it were our last day each day.

so sad. “only the good die young”

RIP

Regardless of if this is the case in this terrible event or not, I’ve had this happen to me. Fuck anybody who would do this. Sometimes people take their “pecking order” on the roads a little too seriously.

I feel so sorry for the families and all those involved.

VERY TRAGIC…they are on the cover of the B-LO News…

As I went to Frontier we are all to familiar with preventable deaths, sad to hear. I want to say something bad, but will keep it contained at the moment. Most car accidents are preventable, many just occur from a series of bad decisions leading up to it. I could easily see the girls tailing some dude for a few miles, then deciding to pass…then the guy speeds up being pissed off…the girls look at him giving him the finger whatnot and don’t see the semi heading right at them until the last second and its too late…waste of many good lives none the less…the semi drive is probably pretty shaken about it too I hope he doesn’t loose his job or sanity