saw a mkiv supra on the road

looked to be an n/a pewter car, as i was getting on the 990 near school. it was in nice shape, one of my favorite supra colors. just surprised to see a car like that out. i definitely did a double take while looking in my side mirror. anybody see this one before?

how much would be involved in buying a clean base supra, and plopping an engine with turbo setup into it, along with supporting crap?

If your talking about buying a NA and going turbo its not really cost effective. When you factor in all the costs to convert it to a turbo, its probably going to be in the range of 5-10K. NAs sell generally for around 10K less than TTs. Theres more to factor in but that is the basic idea, dont do it.

There’s a pewter NA running around RIT. Chick driver and cali plates, IIRC.

True, its the entire TT package (brakes, suspension components, 6spd getrag) that makes the car. Factor those in and you are probably spending more than an actual TT.

i might buy one and put an ls1 in it to make it fast :lol:

i kid i kid

Dooooooo it. I should be able to at least give advice on wiring, maybe lend a hand too. :tup:

what about just doing a turbo swap? i.e. no 6spd, no tt brakes, no tt suspension, etc…

You can turbo a NA fairly easily, the NA block is not much differnt than the GTE block. If your looking for a cheaper swap go buy a SC 300 which is basically a NA supra. There are some stealthy turbo SC300s out there, and you can pick them up cheap already done.

RyanMcell was just telling me about one of his coworkers that has one single turbo IIRC that color that is driving it around.

There is a super sexy grayish blue tt one in Williamsville.It is extremely mint and had like 20xxx.I did a battery on it and got on it out of the shop.It was very smooth.Guy tip me 30 bucks to.

A friend of mine that went to MCC has a single turbo N/A mk4. it’s red, and most people in rochester have prolly seen him around. His name is mike.

He said its a better bottom end to start with for boost but idk anything about supras.

Hmmm anyone else know this dude?

Maybe, if by grayish blue he means the purple one, targa top, stupid clean & 100% stock one… then yes - sort of.

His name is Mike, lives in willyville, is a friend of my wife’s coworker.

Yep, I actually saw that one heading east on the Thruway around Batavia today. Those bright orange RIT stickers definitely make for easy identification. :lol:

is he older?

yea, mid 40s or maybe 50s. Thin, ~5.9 or so.

Cool guy.

that is him. really cool guy

i just like the look of the mkiv. not really craving the powerplant although it is nice

buy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-Toyota-Supra-Twin-Turbo-BPU-Custom-Paint_W0QQitemZ300204175353QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300204175353

unrape/rebuild/profit?

That’s not a chick rofl, its a dude with long hair.