MKIV Supra - turbo vs non turbo

Can someone give me an accurate difference between the two models as far as:

engine/trans/rear
exterior/interior
chassis/suspension
anything else that’s important…

Thanks guys

the one doesnt have a turbo if that helps

The major difference is the drivetrain, brakes, and engine. The exterior and interior are pretty much identical with the exception of a few small things. Im pretty sure the chassis is identical so everything on a turbo should change over to a NA.

Here is a toyota brochure listing the what differs in the turbo model

god i wish i had a supra =(, nice info though =)

On my list of cars to own. Unfortunately the price on these will never dip, even in this economy.

I hope you’re planning on putting an LS1 in an NA one.

those cars are nice. Never really saw them around. Then 3 poped up end of the year out here.
Modded with single 7xmm+ turbos. topp ennnnnd…

thanks for the info guys

to be honest, if/when i went down this route, i’d probably keep the 2JZ. I would be keeping my camaro, and this car would be the clean/quick but not crazy cruiser. i would do tasteful modding… a single turbo setup, but nothing extreme. although an LS1 would be cool too; but i kind of want to try something different

A single turbo mkIV would not be different.

A triple turbo supra would be just plain bonkers

why do that when a turbo motor can handle more than necessary stock…

these cars are crazy nice and a couple upgrades later they are just nasty and reliable

I meant different for me. I always figured I would do a vette next, but I want to play with a different platform, and for obvious reasons I’ve always had a boner for the looks of a mkiv. I want to get into a house first, but I’m graduating this week, so I’ll finally be able to stretch my legs in my career. I’m gonna bust ass so I can buy me some nice things

+1 for appropriately use of the word ‘bonkers’

If you want to do different for you, try something else. For the price they’re nowhere near worth it. Look at a different platform. Try something mid rear … or even , dare I say, FWD.

FYI a bigger difference to look at with these cars would be the differences between the years.

It’s more like 90% I have a boner for this car and 10% I want to try something different, you know? It’s more of a aesthetic thing than anything else. The performance and everything that comes with it is icing

Just show me where you’ll pay less than 20k for one in great shape and doesn’t have an extremely dated 15 year old beat interior

How about an nsx?

They are slow and overpriced.

they are cheaper than MKIV supra’s and for the difference in price could be made into just as fast (and even sexier imo)

not to mention they are excellent track cars!

back on topic supra’s are sexy and very nice

There is no DOUBT that the curb appeal of an NSX is superior to a Supra, I mean come on…

Not to take anything at all away from the Supra, it’s beautiful, and I love it too, but it does not have the supercar looks that an NSX has.

Thread starter, good luck with your search, I appreciate your approach to your cars/choices.