New Guy...sorta

Hello all, My Name is Sean, i’am Currently putting back together my 4th third gen supra. its White w/ 7mgte. it has a 4" turbonetics intercooler, apexi dual chamber bov, twin turbo supra fuel pump, rc engineering 550cc injectors, lexus afm, just installed new fidanza alum fly and six puck clutch. it has 16x8 bbs wheels with bfg comp t/a tires. i will try to put up some pictures soon, i am in the middle of throwing the trans back in. but if i can get the cash together this winter i’m gonna try to swap in a 2j, or maybe an ls1,haha

a MKIV? I didn’t know they came with the 7m…anyway welcome and post pics.

Welcome to importspeed (some days it is)

Just kidding. Welcome to the site.

7mgte, no shit.

Sean knows some of you guys, he used to hav a lime green 73 dart with black stripes…welcome back.

sorry i should have worded that different, its a third gen supra, but its my 4th one owned,haha,

That sounds so much cooler.

welcome

welcome

Dont put another w58 in there!!!

GL with the car, Havent heard of a lexus MAF In those things before? Your prolly better off with map2Ecu a ton of M series people go with those.

but you also cant go wrong with a 2/1jz!!

no i would never put a piece of shit w58 trans in that, lol and you get a maf off of a 1uz and it eliminates fuel/boost cut,

Are you going to drop it as a single or stock twins?

i have a 60 trim precision right now, ready to put on, but im not sure whether i want to put it on or not, but if i get a 1j, the turbo’s are ceramic and im really not a fan of ceramic turbo’s.haha, same with a 2j unless its a usdm, then they are steel…

Eliminating fuel boost cut should be as easy as simply capping the Vtsv the vacume line that goes into the boost cut solinoid… its pretty simple! Cap it off and it will never read fuel cut.

but, you will want to replace / get Map2ecu if you want to run more fuel with that motor.

C12’s really are not bad turbos, friends of mine who have had them they run for a while and spool very nicely.

All JDM 2jz’s are all ceramic so any swap you get jdm wise will be ceramic as well. But who keeps stock twins anymore!

Welcome

the only thing is that if you cap it off its basically the same as an fcd, which is bad, because it won’t meter leaks.

welcome

I say if you were to drop a 2jz in just throw a single t60-1. I don’t know if I would keep the stock twins anyway. Upgraded twins maybe :blue:

too small of a turbo on a 2jz.

honestly though, as nice as it would be to do a 2j swap, i have decided that with the budget that i have now, i’am just going to stick to the 7m for now, after the upgrades this winter im hoping with a good tune it should see 400whp, since my old mk3 made 295/350 whp/wtq, at 12 pounds, stock turbo,motor, only mods were boost controller and 3" turboback. so it will be interesting,on a side note, i tried posting pics, i use firefox, and the uploader says it only supports internet exploder, any insight?