saxons 335i daily driver thread

well I have been wanting one of these cars for awhile and finally pulled the trigger

I figure maintenance might be higher than my usual Honda’s/Acura’s but its well worth it for how well rounded of a car this thing is

its an 07 loaded with almost every option!! Silver ext with black dakota leather

first impressions: I really dont think its the best handling or really the best of any department that we all judge a car from… but its is by far the most well rounded car I have ever owned. The steering is sharp when needed, the power is very linear and almost instant, the sports seats are absolutely fantastic! and the logic7 is by far the best stereo ive heard from a factory based car

a pic from the dealer and hopefully a photoshoot soon

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7193/6954423251_2e1531d821_z.jpg
335i2 by saxonbrian2

:tup:

Ugh :tup:

Throw a tune at it and you’ll love it even more:) After my brief time with these cars, they’ve made me strongly consider ditching my e46 and Mustang…it really is a fantastic all around car.

ya, first thing im going to do is some preventative maintenance, then cobb ap and finally some wheels hopefully before summer

The amount of power these things can make with just a tune is incredible. Keep us posted.

Congrats man. Nice pickup. We are car twins :gay:

Nice car! I really like those stock wheels.

Hey, nice car! Kinda looks like my '08 335XI :slight_smile:

As for the Cobb AP… skip that. Get a JuiceBox 4 PNP. It’s dynamically programmed with any mods you do.
Also, if you’re going to throw a tune at the car, make sure you get an aftermarket oil cooler. They didn’t come on the '07 model and were added half way through '08 due to overheating issues at the track events with upgraded cars.

Besides that, I too love the Logic7 and Sport Seats. Do you have a manual/auto? If auto… paddle shifters? :slight_smile:

Here’s mine…

I feel like everyone on here is buying these.

Uh don’t know about that one. Especially after seeing the results that Mike is having tuning them with the AP.

Custom tune >

ya custom tune that you can modify the timing and everything else seems like a much better option than a piggyback

my key fobs stopped working last night so today i will spend the day trying to fix them, and then i have to tear off the front bumper and fix my headlights since they arent auto leveling FML lol

SOUNDS LIKE YOU PICKED UP A REAL GEM.

jk, congrats, these are def a great DD

ya every used car has its problems lol im not worried about it since the price was right and it seems like common problems on the e90 forums

Because they are.

FYI, you have to have the headlight switch in AUTO for the headlights to auto-level and turn with the car. I noticed that if you just have the switch at ON they won’t do it.

What’s wrong with the fobs?

ya in the auto they dont do the up and down, i already checked them out and it seems that the drivers side adjuster is broken :frowning: and the passenger side just has the ball out of the socket (seems pretty common)

neither fobs will work at all, the central locking system still works and if i use the key in the drivers door it will lock/unlock all the doors still… fuse 56 and 57 are fine

I love these, but around here, it’s like a fucking Civic. Everyone and there mother has one.

Therefore, I cannot get it. :frowning:

These are impressive cars, for sure…

My 07 has the factory oil cooler, it was built 12/06 actually.

Getting a tune does wonders, ive had a few of them, they all work, but each person has their preferences. I needed to upgrade my stock clutch with my tune, so that told me enough about the power i am making… Downpipes do wonders too

Feel free to pm me if you have specific question, after 75K miles i know this car pretty well.

X…