Say hello to my newest purchase...

Just purchased it today. Went in 3 ways on it with my brother and my dad. I know it might not look like much now, but that’s because we haven’t touched it yet.

I don’t know about what they have planned, but I know it needs a good scrubbing, a wax and the trailer could use some paint or maybe even a sandblast.

Enjoy!

Motor is an inboard/outboard Chevy 6 cyl. with low hours. Should do pretty well on the water.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Thunder Craft. Looks like a lot of work. Boats are fun and easy though.

Are you into boats?(not being sarcastic btw) Anyone I have ever talked to said it is a very good boat. I know there is alot of work, but nothing we can’t handle. I know exactly what i have to do with it. That’s why this is in builds, this is just the beginning…

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Also if you knew what we paid for it, you probably would understand why I’m not too concerned about the work it needs.

awesome little boat man I was just thinking about getting one the other day How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking. pm if you dont wanna post it.

BOAT = Bring Out Another Thousand :slight_smile:

Looks like a nice little project though :tup:

The money shot.

I said in my previous post that it was 6 cyl. I was tired and realized my post was wrong. It is a Chevy 4 cyl 2.6L Just got it on the road today and I hope to take it out at some point this weekend.

boats are always fun =) run about 5gs?

Are u asking me how much it cost me?

Hi, welcome to the board little boat :wave:

my great uncle has a similar looking boat… the interior looks exactly the same. its pretty much slow as piss but its so much fun! lol

Just spent the night, buffing the entire boat. Used some 3M compound, an egg carton pad. Also used a polishing bonnet with some Meguires wax. The gelcoat came right out with a little bit of work and it looks awesome! We replaced the 2x4’s on the trailer that support/guide the boat on the trailer and covered them in new outdoor grass carpet.

Fired it up as well and it idled prefect. It will be hitting the water tomorrow for a test run before we actually take it out for the day on Monday to Silver Lake.

Next step in the process is to repaint the trailer. I’m looking into possibly sandblasting it (depending on cost). I dont want to sink a whole lot of money into this project, but just enough to have fun and maybe make some money. We might just paint it with bedliner paint and call it a day. I know that will hold up a lot longer.

We are also probably going to have the pinstripes on the boat repainted. They could some touching up.

I’m looking for a cheap set of ski’s, a wake board and a tube, maybe 2. Will need rope as well if anyone knows any cheap sites or even used as well.

Will have pictures tomorrow of the progress.

Pictures as promised. It might not look like much, but in person it looks 10x better. As mentioned, it will be getting new pinstripes, the bottom needs to be either painted or scrubbed from from oxidation and the trailer needs to be taken care of. As of right now, it is ready for the water though…

wow, the oxidation came off nicely :tup:

I wouldn’t bother having the stripes painted. Just go to west marine and buy the stick on pin-striping stuff. It’s easy and likely WAY cheaper.

Yeah, I have been told that. I think that was my dads plan actually. I don’t know much about doing it, so I think he is charge of that operation. I’m going to work on finding the tow rope, wake board, tube and ski’s. Thats whats more important to me lol

oh, also… is it really worth all of that trouble for the trailer? Just sand off the rust and hit it with some paint!

this is what i was thinking… unless you’re planning on using it for saltwater, then maybe put the extra effort into it.

Lookin’ good!

Yeah, I dont think ill have anything to do with the trailer. Thats my dads plan as well. I would just like to clean it up a little bit, it looks like shit right now.

So we took the boat down to Silver Lake today and what an awesome day for it. Got the there around 11 and the place was packed already.

We got the boat in and it fired right up, it was a sigh of relief. We spend a couple hours on the water and then came back to shore to cook lunch. Heres a couple shots of it in the water. Theres alot more, but they are all on my moms camera.

Hopefully I will be getting some new ski’s, a board and a tube or 2 so we can have some more fun next time we go out.