say i needed a passport really quickly...

where do i go? what do i do? how much does it cost? i may need it in about a month and a half.

month and a half? good luck

[quote=“psphinx81,post:2,topic:34250"”]

month and a half? good luck

[/quote]

seriously? how long does it usually take?

It will never happen in that time, sorry man. You’re looking at 4 months right now at the earliest.

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:4,topic:34250"”]

It will never happen in that time, sorry man. You’re looking at 4 months right now at the earliest.

[/quote]

and there’s no possible way to get out of the country without it?

[quote=“Dex,post:3,topic:34250"”]

seriously? how long does it usually take?

[/quote]

i expedited mine about 3 years ago… i think it got here in a month…

extra fees are involved. but i know they are getting bombarded right now so good luck.

google a contact number and find out.

[quote=“Locutus,post:6,topic:34250"”]

i expedited mine about 3 years ago… i think it got here in a month…

extra fees are involved. but i know they are getting bombarded right now so good luck.

google a contact number and find out.

[/quote]

:ohyeah:

i don’t mind ponying up some money to get this quick. i’ll google it up when i get home from work.

[quote=“Dex,post:7,topic:34250"”]

i don’t mind ponying up some money to get this quick. i’ll google it up when i get home from work.

[/quote]

Routine ServiceAbout 10-12 Weeks

Expedited About 3 Weeks

**Expedite Service: If you apply for your passport today and request Expedited Passport Processing, you can expect to receive your passport in about 3 weeks. The 3 week estimated timeframe for receipt of your passport takes into consideration the additional time it may take to receive your passport application at a Passport Agency/Center when you apply for Expedited Passport Processing through a designated Passport Acceptance Facility and for the passport to be mailed to you. It may take longer for customers who apply for a renewal by mail without “Expedite” marked on the mailing envelope. Effective August 16, 2007, the Department’s standard for expedited passport processing completion, as defined in 22 CFR 51.66, is ten business days from either: 1) receipt of your passport application at a Passport Agency/Center; or 2) if the passport application is already at a Passport Agency/Center, the date your request for expedited passport processing is approved. Expedited passport processing is considered complete when the passport is ready to be picked by an applicant or when it is put in the mail to the applicant.
Customers are advised to continue to check this website, as fluctuations in demand may cause timeframes for return of both routine and expedited passports to change. The Department has had a surge in passport applications that has led to increases in processing times, with corresponding increases in requests from the public for expedited passport processing. The Department of State wants to continue to offer expedited service, despite increased demand for it, and to ensure that the public can easily determine the current standards for expedited passport processing.

[quote=“Dex,post:7,topic:34250"”]

[/quote]

Shouldn’t be a problem. Total should be about $157

From State Department website:
**Expedite Service: If you apply for your passport today and request Expedited Passport Processing, you can expect to receive your passport in about 3 weeks. The 3 week estimated timeframe for receipt of your passport takes into consideration the additional time it may take to receive your passport application at a Passport Agency/Center when you apply for Expedited Passport Processing through a designated Passport Acceptance Facility and for the passport to be mailed to you. It may take longer for customers who apply for a renewal by mail without “Expedite” marked on the mailing envelope. Effective August 16, 2007, the Department’s standard for expedited passport processing completion, as defined in 22 CFR 51.66, is ten business days from either: 1) receipt of your passport application at a Passport Agency/Center; or 2) if the passport application is already at a Passport Agency/Center, the date your request for expedited passport processing is approved. Expedited passport processing is considered complete when the passport is ready to be picked by an applicant or when it is put in the mail to the applicant.

beautiful. thank you guys.

EDIT: just go to the post office?

don’t listen to people…sometimes lol

you can do it, go today, pay for expedite service…it is $60 more and bumps your time to 2-3 weeks…

You can also pay for overnight shipping each way which is like another $32

I just applied on Aug 9th…paid for the expedite service, according to state dept website my processing time is 2-3 weeks, meaning I should get it very soon

I will keep you posted…

edit woo hoo beaten to it!

i don’t care how long it takes or how much it costs (as long as it’s not ridiculous), just so long as it’s here before mid october.

I wouldn’t count on it… The turnaround times they state are ‘standard’, and not necessarily reflective of the actual wait times now that they are very backed up.

there’s no way to leave the country without it?

<- Owned by the Passport Backlog Reduction Act of 2007.

depends on where you’re going, which is yet unsaid.

[quote=“bracketracer,post:16,topic:34250"”]

depends on where you’re going, which is yet unsaid.

[/quote]

this cruise thing. it was just sprung on me out of nowhere. it’s not definite but odds are good i’ll be going.

The post office is new at passports and Ive heard a few bad experiences with them submitting forms incorrectly. I went to city hall for mine and got it in about 4 weeks, unexpidited but that was last year.

[quote=“Muckman,post:18,topic:34250"”]

The post office is new at passports and Ive heard a few bad experiences with them submitted forms incorrectly. I went to city hall for mine and got it in about 4 weeks, unexpidited but that was last year.

[/quote]

good deal. i’ll go there then.

[quote=“Dex,post:5,topic:34250"”]

and there’s no possible way to get out of the country without it?

[/quote]

Get out of the country…yes…but when you enter your destination country…they will deny you entry and your ass is back on the plane to the good ol USA:fyi: