sbc parts combo

im stumped on what topend combo is going to give me what im looking for
first off i want to keep this streetable and on pump gas but i want to be able to run at least low 8,s in the 1/8th
the shortblock consists of forged pistons(i think speedpro 10.1 with 64cc)
forged h beam rods, scat crank, all balanced.
the car has a 3000 stall converter 3.73 gears posi with a built th350

im trying to put together a good head/cam/ intake combo
i already have a 650 holly and a performer eps intake which i will swithc if needed

lmk what you guys think

I was running 8.2x and I had a similar setup.9:1 355 Engine,4.10’s,3000 stall,TH350

Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake
Edelbrock 7102 Camshaft http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-7102/
Heads were iron,early casting ,rebuilt and were stock 73CC
Electric fan/water pump gave me 2-3 tenths.

Car was running 13.0 in the 1/4 and 8.2x in the 1/8th

It really depends on your budget,if you’re content on running low 8’s you only need a set of double hump or even vortec heads to get the job done.

Don’t run old school iron stuff. Run aftermarket aluminum heads. You can find them cheap, and they won’t be a limiting factor if you want to go faster.

so 1400$ is cheap? deffinatly stay with old school if your just buying heads. If your going to buy a matched top end kit that comes with cam, springs, lifters, rods, intake heads ect. then deffinatly opt for the aluminum.

Where do you come up with $1400??? I can easily find aluminum heads that will out perform any “fuelie” head for well under a grand. He doesn’t need a brand new set. Try racingjunk.com, or ebay. You will find Dart, Edelbrock, TFS, RHS, etc, stuff all day long.

GM double hump heads flow shit compared to what is out there now. I’ve seen some tests of them, and they MAX around 205-210cfm, with 2.02/1.60’s, and those are the good 186 and 461 castings. Some of the fuelie heads couldn’t even hit 200cfm. Any 195cc head out there from the aftermarket will crush that and be nearer to 250 cfm, with the better ones (AFR) up near the 300cfm mark. Keep in mind that those fabled fuelie heads don’t have hardened seats in the exhaust for running unleaded gasoline, unless someone else installed them. They made 882 fuelie heads in the 70’s for unleaded use, but they have bigger chambers (76cc) so bye bye to your compression.

If you don’t want to take time in specing stuff out, this would be your best bet I think.

http://store.jandjspeedshop.com/tric...tlbs-p-38.html

You probably wont make 500 like this combo did tested on a 383, but I wouldn’t doubt atleast 400 HP

That should get you in the lo 8s hi 7s depending on your suspension

And for only $2,100.00

Plus if your bottom end is forged like it’s suppose to you can shoot from nitrious into that motor 100-150 shot, I’d upgrade your intake and carb before doing that

check out the summit 200cc aluminum heads. theyre brodix ik200 castings with stainless valves, all the seals springs guideplates studs etc are comp cams. i got a set on my truck with the 64cc chambers and my domed pistons static comp im about 11.8:1 but i have a comp roller cam with a .54/.562 lift and 294/300 adv. duration. its like a 242/248 at .050. brings down the dynamic compression enough to run 93 and octane booster or 100. timing is advanced quite a bit tho. youll need alot of flow with a good singleplane intake and carb and some good size headers. im running a 750cfm and it works very well. look into running stud girdles as well. you can run 3/8" pushrods with slight massaging on these heads at this lift but its worth it.

the trickflow kit is looking pretty good i might go that route

with the trickflow kit you still need lifters and pushrods as it includes a hydro roller cam and they say only flat tappets include lifters. thats gonna be a good 600 bucks if you dont cheap out. i also think you should get stud girdles with that as well and if you dont have tall valve covers youll need those. itll benefit from a larger carb and single plane intake. that motor is gonna be a good 3k-3500 rpm and up power range and the performer intake will be choking it down pretty good. all said and done doing it worthwhile youll be over 3k. i think theres better combos out there for cheaper.