SBC pushrod HELP!!!!!

ok, so what dteremins pushrod length? i have 882 heads and 1.6 ratio roller rockers and a cam with .480 lift.

you need a pushrod length checker for the common length of that setup

go up in .01" intervals i think (basically one complete turn of the gauge), when the rocker stops clacking, add another turn, and measure for lash

Pushrod length checker and center the roller on the valve stem.

fuck.

going fast isnt cheap

Going fast with 882’s is going to suck. You should take my L98 heads for $25 and worry about pushrods after that.

thanks but i already had the 882s done at the machine shop. ill line up with your Thirdgen once its in.

You had the done at J/L Performace on Walden? Thats where I got my heads, my opinion they talked me into the wrong size, 72cc. But now this allows me to look into supercharging my motor safely because of the lower compression.

What are you putting these into?

As soon as my cars ready I’ll be out, but as for right now…lets just say I don’t want to break it.

yeah, im not too hapy with them either. so i did the bottom end over a brk. ive got a 350 4 bolt 383 stroker .30 over with those heads, performer or torker 2( havent decided which. 75 percent chance performer) edelbrock 650, comp cams .480 lift, crane gold pro race 1.6 roller rockers, gear drive timing, comp cams cup pushrods accel cap rotor and super coil and other various goodies (IE :tspry: ) trans is a 700r4 withshift kit vette servo 2800 stall and TCI lockup kit and a worn 3.73 posi from an 84 bird (the weak link)

im guessig we have similr builds thats why i want to line up, just for shiggles :smiley: .

why such small cam lift? whats the rest of the specs on the cam

Ugh,882’s are a terrible head.If you wanted to go cheap,vortecs aren’t a bad way to go.

If you want a PR length checker for free, let me know… I have like 4 or 5 at this point.

the cam is what the machine shop recomended. its alot bigger than stock. this is goig to be a daily FYI. i know my options and i kno my limits both monitarily and drivability wise. thanks.

i wont be needing a pushrod length checker, BRK took care of it for me. i appreciate it tho. but i will be needing an oilpump primer…

Yeah I wouldn’t listen to them for suggestions they don’t seem to understand what their customers want.

Our rigs are about exactly the same accept I need a stall and my cam has a higher lift.