LSX guys please help!!!

so this winter im caming the vette. ECS custom blower cam.

now i need a few things that i wanted to ask your help with. ECS kit comes with the Comp Cams 921 spring kit. its like $600. comes with a lot.

http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=207

but what about this?

http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=173

are these as good? they are hella less expensive.

i also need a double roller cam chain. where and how much is this?

i also need gaskets, valve cover, do they take off the heads?

PRC springs are absolutely fine for that application. And why do you want a double roller, I haven’t heard a single good thing about them.

My friend Phil has the ECS cam in his car w/ NOVI2000 and that car rolls hard :wink:

ECS recomends the double roller chain bc of the stress. is the single one i have ok? im kinda a lsx newb

The single should be absolutely fine. I run a single, and I believe Drew does as well? Actually, mine is the stock one with 112k on it. I put about 35k on it with the cam, lift on my cam is .581 w/ XE-R lobes which have a harsh ramp rate. I run comp 918 single springs too.

You will need hardened pushrods.

Gaskets? Water pump is the only gasket I had to replace, the stock gaskets are re-usable. Again, stock gaskets @ 78k were 100% mint. The waterpump gasket was broke so I couldn’t re-use it.

Heads do not need to come off, only necessary if you are changing lifters.

the ECS kit doesnt come with hardened pushrods.

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/custom_blower_cam.html the $2699 kit

are u sure the Z06 pushrods arent already beefier than the stock ls1 pushrods?

No, they are the same pushrods. Base circle is smaller on the LS6 cam, but the valves are longer to make up for it and the springs are stronger to account for the lift difference in the Z06 cam.

Hardened pushrods are a must with a camshaft change.

Dont buy all that ECS shit as its over priced. You are better off going through another company and buying a kit that comes with every thing you need

I tend to agree with you. Call TSP and see what they have to offer for your particular setup.

Yea that would be your best bet. I know TSP has alot of great products that arent as overpriced as some of these other companies.

texas speed and performance?

the ECS blower cam is suppose to be the best from what ive read on vette forums.

Cant believe every thing you read on the interwebz

Do some googling bro. Like with any platform you may have to go outside the usualy fanboy forum etc and see whats out there, some forums can be very biased. Not only that theres always a lot of shops in any platform that are like the unsung heroes and can do just as good if not better than some of the bigger guys

patric g on ls1tech does custom grinds get at him

i would have no clue what to look for with a blower cam.

ahhhhhh u naggers help me out already? what other cams are avilable?

right next to where i read it it stated that it was a fact. true story

oo just tell him your set up he will do the grind, hes a god over thier on el ess one tech

Hardened pushrods ftl, just change them out yearly. Id rather bend a pushrod than the alternative!!

yea ive never herd of anyone doing hardened pushrods.

imo texas speed will give you a better ground cam as well.