LSX guys please help!!!

wait to order the pushrods, get a length check tool and make sure you get the proper length. Many people order the pushrods before thinking that there is a generic size for them but there isnt

I honestly don’t know anyone who runs a cam in an LSx vehicle without them…

This is correct. Stock pushrod length in LS1/LS6 motors is 7.3500" – the base circle in aftermarket cams is usually different, so you will need pushrods regardless. Don’t fall into the weak link bullshit, you don’t want a weak link in your valve train when you are @ .580+ lift. Deflection sucks.

Was that next to the inflated numbers ecs gave you for a dyno chart?

OH B:ohnoesY! lolz

listen here dyno boy, the numbers at ASS were way off because they used a .288 gear ratio assfucker and not the correct 3.42

I have the PRC duals in my car and they have been in there for about 25-30k with the cam and I beat my car pretty bad every time I drive it…then add the spray on top of it. I know people that have gone 70k+ on these springs and only replaced them due to age to be safe…

they are cheap, and just as good as any other dual spring if not better then most.

also, I HIGHLY recommend sense your going to be doing a cam swap upgrading to a Ported LS6 oil pump. I believe texas speed and thunder racing sell them. They are a cheap insurance.

and you DONT need a double roller cam chain. Get the LS2 which is one of the strongest chains out. Thats what I was told to have put in mine and thats what I have. You can get it for $20 from any GM dealer locally.

you will need hardened chromoly pushrods. I ended up going with the Texas speed hardened chromoly 7.400 push rods but every car is different.

the stock ones might work, for 10miles or 2000…but they WILL bend and fold over. Dont take a risk with this shit. Push rods are CHEAP. Once you add the Dual lift springs, all the stress from the extra seat pressure is taking into the pushrods under acceleration…from the extra seat pressure, this will kill your stock tinsel thin rods.

Call up texas speed…and actually if you sign up on LS1 tech as a member you get a 10% discount.

Tell them your setup and they will custom grind you a cam. It will be cheaper then all the ECS bullshit.

ok cool thanks doods!

do i need new lifters?

no.

believe it or not, the stock lifters are just as strong as any aftermarket. Alot of guys only switch to aftermarket simply because they are adjustable and the stockers arent but you shouldnt have a problem with that. I am running stock lifters in mine with a fully built valve train.

I was just reading a article in Hot rod magazine yesterday on beefing up LSx motors and one engine builder said he uses stock LSx lifters in most of his builds up to 1200rwhp and has never had one fail and he is a strong believer in them.

this is what I reccomend…

PRC .650 gold springs
Hardened chromoly push rods
LS2 timing chain
Ported LS6 oil pump (dont need, but cheap insurance for $130)
custom ground blower cam from Texas speed.

you can get everything I listed from them for under $700

My comments;
Texas Speed moly rods… likely 7.450, but check with your cam maker… I’d suggest the proven ECS ,or TSP recommendation, if your unwilling to use Patric or Ed from the ls1tech forums. Custom i nice though, depending on your driving desires. The ls2 timing chain is definately recommended, though its rare to spit the stock one…
Trust Jason at TSP for recommendations.

under $700??? really? that would be perfect right now. taxes just went out so i dont have a million dollars to spend

just found complete l92 heads for like $630! is that a better option? o wait they wont fit, forget it.

just saw this… I have to agree overall … but the engine has to be unbolted and lifted a good bit to get to the oil pump…keep that in mind.

well i thought u were going to help me with this install jammer :thumbup haha

The tools I prefer now are hammers and c4. more fun but sometimes pisses off the neighbors.

Your oil pump is adequate. Don’t worry bro montana.