LSX guys please help!!!

oooo shit I didnt even think about that. When my cam went in, my oil pump was right there so it only took a extra few minutes to do…Didnt think about doing it in the C5

you have 243 heads. They are one of the best stock flowing heads GM produced. The only way I would ever change them would be for aftermarket ported ones or ported 243’s.

L92/LS3 heads rape them hard, but you need a larger bore or the valves would have major shrouding issues. Also need a new intake manifold.

yea i thought the 243’s were pretty good. im sure ill work them soon there after all this jazz or maybe just get some trick flows or something.

ok so this thread helped a lot. now i just have to start buying parts and find someone to help me do the install or do the install without me. id really rather not spend a ton of money. i wonder is Wayne has the tools and the GM knowhow.

paging Wayne

The cam itself really isnt hard to do. Its just the valve train thats a pain in the ass.

also, Jdaniels installed his cam/valve train himself. I am sure if you threw him a little Mula he would do it with you. Maybe even just tickle his nuts a little and be done with it.

well im def not cheap and or ghey but some $$ and a teabag ill do. haha

Ehh the gay thing is debatable

your little sister seems to think otherwise

She told me you were

so i emailed Jason at texas speed and this was his responce

"Sounds like a nice combo! I think something around the 224/228 or if you want a little bigger a 229/234 with LSL lobes. That camshaft on a 114+3 would be my pick for picking up great power & still driving well with a tune.

Jason
Co-Owner
Texas Speed & Performance
806.866.0734"

i told him i would like the bigger cam and asked for a price but he never got back to me.

what do u guys think of these specs?

Those are similar specs to the cam that Ryan has and his car has a good power band and is easy to street

229/234 with LSL lobes. That camshaft on a 114+3 would be vicious with that blower, DEPENDING on the rpm ranges of it, the smaller may be more of a drivablity comfort with the blowerrz

calm down richie no need to change the text, or are you copy and pasteing your knowledge again

whats the 114+3 mean ???

pretty sure it means 117

I like the sounds of the 2nd cam, I would call them up and inquire, but I think all their grinds cost the same.

114LSA with 3* advance ground in.

sounds good cam 1 will be better when rolling through a parking lot and at rest, and still give great powa…Cam 2 is gonna sound and be a little less friendly…but might gain ya a few extra ponies and more throaty… Id lean toward 1 if ya want slightly more of a sleeper.

ok whats 114LSA mean? haha

sorry im a ratard.