LSX guys please help!!!

i want a mean machine so im thinking #2. not only that i might go more cubes eventually.

Here bro-dude, this will get you a good grasp on it.

http://www.compcams.com/Technical/FAQ/LSAproperties.asp

If you plan to go bigger cube and keep the same cam, definitely pick #2.

ok fellas i just talked to someone at TS and i went with this

231/235 LSL lobes with a 114+3

i want to move the power band towards the top a little because the TQ does nothing for me. its fun to spin tires but not to spin when ur trying to hook.

so i ordered this and next is springs, then pushrods, ls2 chain and a ported pump.

Strong work ass cheese

fuck shit was less than $400 with shipping!

o and smokinnnnnn, they dont give out 10% for being a LS1tech member.

so 114 is good for a daily and sounds overall better four your motor than say a 112

sounds like a healthy cam, should make good pwoer. Curious on what the numbers are going to be over the other numbers. Are you including any other mods with the cam?

springs, ported oil pump, ls2 chain, new lifters which i was told have to be measured?? so that mean i cant order them until i ger the cam in?

call anthony ya fuckin homo , one stop shopping

Have fun installing that oil pump! Lifters are not being replaced, you mean pushrods. If you aren’t changing the heads, calculating pushrod length is pretty easy without a checker. The cam is the only variable in this case, so in order to keep the geometry close to stock you need to know the base circle of the new cam. 95% of cam only installations will use a 7.4" pushrod.

sorry pushrods.

ok well im very new to the lsx community.

so im all ears big guy.

and im going to be souncing out help for this install. i dont have the tools, room or know how for this job as ive never workon on LSX motors.

i went with this cam already. i will talk to him about install and tune. no worries manbear

Its gonna sound MEAN with that cam. It may bleed off a little boost but there will definitely be a big gain.

on a 114 he will be fine .

Lobe seperation angle

my MS3 is only a 112 which is why it lopes like a bastard. The higher the LSA, the less noticeable the cam will be as far as sound goes.

for example…

a cam with a 117-118 lsa will sound stock.

I run 108, aussie Style

Not necessarily true. I’ve heard Done nasty blower cans on 117 lsa’s.

unless it has some serious blower surge it wouldnt sound any different. Only saying because stock ls1 cam lsa for 98-00 was 116 lsa and 01-02 was 115 lsa and they hve zero cool idle thumpyness. an aftermarket cam with the same lsa will sound stock except for the whine of said blower

so much wrong info in those staments , yes l.s.a does play a small role in thumpieness lolol its got far more into it than that