ScatterSheilds are for pussies

that must have made an awful sound

[quote=“newman,post:15,topic:31185"”]

do you get a kickback for making a post like this?

[/quote]

Its worth a shot :gotme:

Plug 2:
Truth be told, Tilton is a pain in my ass. However, they indeed know what the fuck they are doing, unlike so many others. Call up 99% of clutch or flywheel companies and ask them what the MMOI of their components are… half of them wont know what you are talking about, and the other half wont be able to produce number because they really have no idea. FLYWHEEL WEIGHT DOESNT MEAN SHIT! The only thing that matters is its Mass Moment of Inertia! Are these the guys you want designing something that weighs 50+ pounds and spins at 9000 RPM next to your legs? The same guys who cant even tell you a simple, VERY important specification of what they design? The only company to date that I have found that actually can give you these numbers is Tilton, and its the only way to actually compare things.

I have to disagree on “brand doesnt matter”. While it is certainly true that shit CAN happen in any brand due to defect, etc… there are certainly companies out there that have these issues… often, without defect being the cause. They are design flaws or spec flaws in most cases. RPS is one of these companies, at least in the Viper market. This has happened WAAAY too often to be one-off defective parts. They may have redesigned there stuff, dont know… but they shot themselves in the foot with the Viper crowd in a hurry, so I doubt they’ll get a second chance.

wow … shitty … that reminds me that i need some sort of approved blast protection in the 240 when its done …

[quote=“MOBOOST4U,post:19,topic:31185"”]

What exactly causes this to happen again?

I have only heard of this referenced once

[/quote]

picture a rock on a string, and your spinning it in circles above your head, eventualy youll spin it fast enough that the string breaks

same thing applies to anything that spins (wheels, tires, crankshafts, clutchs) eventualy the material will stretch to its breaking point

i remeber watching a show about a land speed record car, the wheels were 3 feet in diamater and formed from solid aluminium … they said that when the cars “at speed” the wheels grow an extra 3" or so in diameter

that fucking sucks…

new links please