School decisions, any insight?

lol no, its not that at all… I have a cross reference from them showing exactly what course from ECC transfered into the RIT equivalent. The advisor I have had at RIT these past 2 years has been VERY helpful through the whole process.

The only real difference in my case is that I stayed an extra semester at ECC so that I got all of those “bs” classes out of the way, I didn’t just do the minimum requirements for a 2 yr degree. So I guess if what you are saying is if you just did the regular ECC requirements, and you transfered to a 4 yr school then yes there is extra things you will have to take as far as math/science/liberal arts. But I already took that stuff here since it was cheaper. Is that what you are saying?

yea, taking those general classes at ecc will defineatly cut down on the requirements you need, as long as you dont exceed the maximum transferrable credits to rit you should be ok. i had exceeded my max transferable credits to bsc(67 credits is the cutoff there, i had ~75) and they dont choose the best ones to transfer, if you want certain ones to transfer instead of something else, you need to go and manually have them change that, so youll need copy of transcripts from ecc to do that.

I did the first two years at NCCC and then transferred to UB with zero issues. I just made sure to sit down with my counselor every semester to only choose courses that would transfer using their dual admission program and everything went more smoothly than I expected.

Make sure where ever you go you go to a ABET/TAC accredited program… I know RIT’s is. From ABET’s website, it appears Temple’s BS in ET is accredited

No offense, but you are acting like I don’t have a clue… I know all of this, I keep trying to tell you that. This thread isn’t about transfer credits, I’ve more than done my hw on that which is why it all went over so smoothly. Thanks for the concern though

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

ding ding winner

That’s how you do it:tup:

Congrats Jay, I’m sure you’ll miss ecc as much as I do.

I can’t really offer advice that hasn’t been given. I didn’t continue past ecc, yet. Part of me still wants to go back for a BS, but I have a good job doing exactly what I like; exactly what I would want to do if I did have a bs.

I can’t stress enough to get as much real world experience as you can though, so perhaps rit is a better choice with their co-op programs.

Have you give any thought on what specifically you want to do for a carreer?