life changing decision

well i dont know if it is lol but its pretty damn important. now i am currently accepted and enrolled into ohio technical college. i’ve been there at least 5 times and its a great school. but im kind of leaning towards going to ECC for auto. does anyone attend ECC for it? any opinions on it or ohio tech? please help me make up my mind lol

ive “heard” so dont take it to the bank, that ecc sucks for auto. ive only heard it from my freind, but the my gf’s brother in law went there he said it was good.

thanksfor the input, i eventually want to open my own shop. id like to go somewhere for auto and then work in the field and then goto school for business and get my degree in that

i dont think a business degree is really gonna be too helpful. iwould find an entrepreneur program

does ECC have that?

idunno, im not an ecc student

why are u dead set on attending ecc?

oh im not, im just asking about it because its in the area

theres lots of colleges in the area. go to one that will offer the best education. owning ur own business is not easy and there are TONS of mechanics in buffalo, it will without a doubt be a struggle for you. but if ur up to the task, then go for it. :tup:

Jesus Twom, are you working today? you’re posting like a fiend!

i def wouldn’t be set on ecc, its like high school all over again

thank god im outta there after this semester

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:9,topic:26469"”]

Jesus Twom, are you working today? you’re posting like a fiend!

[/quote]

hah yeah i am

A auto degree will get you nowhere. Its a waste of your time. You would learn more working at a shop or on your own at the library.

Go for management or get a associates in Mechanical engineering… much more potential if the auto thing does not work out into a career.

hmm, if a went to ECC for 2 years for auto, could i transfer to UB for mechanical engineering?

[quote=“Violator,post:12,topic:26469"”]

A auto degree will get you nowhere. Its a waste of your time. You would learn more working at a shop or on your own at the library.

Go for management or get a associates in Mechanical engineering… much more potential if the auto thing does not work out into a career.

[/quote]

Good advice. Don’t piss away time and money on a mechanic education if you have intentions of going beyond that. Go straight to the more valuable education and learn how to turn a wrench at a job that pays for the business or engineering education or on your own.

[quote=“Violator,post:12,topic:26469"”]

[/quote]

rgr…

FWIW, newman has a BA in mechanical engineering, and he seems to be doing rather well…

right, well ive thought about mechanical engineering before. but id still like to goto ECC for auto because i wanna keep it as a side job type thing. thats why i was thinking ECC for auto because its close and cheap, and then transfer to UB or another nearby school for mechanical engineering

its not that simple. Some credits transfer and some dont. My guess is most wont. ECC has a few decent technical programs. Look into Buff State. Its a decent school and better then ECC. Shoot higher for your goals. I understand that you like cars. We all do but making a career out of it is a whole different story. Get yourself a decent degree, make a good salary and be able to afford all the toys you want without slaving over a wrench all day.

hands on isnt the answer. u cant learn diagnostics on your own i would recoomend ecc. its close to home and u can get a part time job in a shop that will turn full time easily. i will let u know that what u learn in boces is useless except for steering suspension and brakes. leaving boces i was pretty cocky on my diag skills. then i had to diag a in op headlight. took me a few hrs and when ur only book rated one hour u start to regret that u didnt go to school. also with ecc u will have a associates degree. math in english are there to iam sure u can take some buisness courses. i had the same dream u had to own a shop. i still am holding on to that dream but i changed career fields

i was thinking about ECC, getting a job when i graduate and then going to another school for engineering while im working in a shop

I graduated from ECC auto many years ago. Was an excellent program. But then school is what you make of it. If you dont pay attention etc… your not gonna learn. The staff was and i believe still is top notch. Haliman, Whiteford, Clark, Mustello, Perkins, Eddy are awesome guys and know thier shit. I still have some involvement there and someday hope to maybe join the staff.