school me on 335xi

well i think i have narrowed it down to this and 2 other models for my next car

it seems id want the cold weather package, the sport package ?? anything else?

not sure if i want 2 or 4 doors

anyone on here have one? any complaints? issues etc?

I’ve heard to be weary of the HPFP. I’m not really sure what makes them fail but I’m sure someone will chime in. Reguardless they’re nice cars and I’m sure you’ll love it.

4 doors: stiffer chassis, holds junk better, same overall size.

Forget AWD, profit.

I’ve been in the market for the same thing. At first I was considering the xi models, but quickly turned away from it. Less gas mileage, more problems, less fun. RWD in a sedan with good snows is really easy to manage around here.

Just make sure that most of the warranty work has been taken care of and depending on how much you have to spend, get one that is still in warranty. Two of the more costly warranty issues are HPFP (very common) and the wastegate actuators.

Other than that, these seem like incredible cars and tend to make the owners very happy. I’m excited to step into one as well. :tup:

typical evo owners next move…

definitely go with the i vs the xi

I am guilty^

Must haves on getting a 335i. I was fine with just RWD and some good snows for the winter. Sport Package is a must, premium pkg is nice, Logic 7 sound is a must. (logic 7 was standard on 2007’s but then became optional in 2008 or 2009).

Nice options to have are: Ipod adapter, comfort access.

I was never a huge fan of the Idrive and how it made the dash look, but if you can get it for free on a used car then so be it.

Jeller

Stupid double post.

I have sports, and cold weather, Logic7, would have liked to have bluetoof. XI is not a bad idea if you are driving it in winter because 1 wheel drive with 400+ lbft of torque at the wheels in the winter doesn’t make for good winter 60’ times, even with snow tires. On the other hand, the extra weight, and different mods being a bigger pain in the ass comes into play too. XI has specific downpipes for them, and they are a bitch to install, also the suspension is different, so you have limited options for what you can get. I also don’t like the stomper look from the factory.

At the end of the day I love my car, and I would recomend buying CPO. Our local dealer here has taken great care of fixing little shit on my car that would have done myself normally, but because it’s free and they give me loaner cars, I couldn’t pass it up.

X…

Looking at 07-08 so I doubt I will get much of a factory warranty with them. I priced out a service contract at my cost through the dealership and it was 2200 that I plan on factoring into any of my purchases

So what exactly do all of these packages give you so I know what to look for

Also besides the fuel pump and a $400 battery is there any other expenses which are 4x the price of an Acura/Lexus?

Is it possible to do my own oil changes/ maintenance?

I have a 2008 335xi, it still has about a years worth of warranty left. The HPFP is now a re-called item, so they should fix it even out of warranty I would think. Like everyone else said, sport pkg, premium pkg and logic 7 are a must. Nav is nice, and I didn’t care about the comfort access but now I wouldn’t want a car without it, so if you can get it do it. I spent a decent amount of time debating over XI and I, but to me the AWD was worth it considering where we live. These are cars are still easy to get a lot more power out of.

Sport package is a must for the following:
18 wheels and tires/staggered
Sport seats (this alone is worth it)
Sport steering wheel, also much better.

Cold weather package or heated seats is a must for me. Heated seats could be ordered without cold weather package. But if you dont get cold weather package you will not get folding seats on the sedan, all coupes had folding rear seats.

Premium pkg:
Auto dim mirrors
homelink
Premium Dakota leather
Bluetooth hookup

This thread will help you alot. Ultimate 2007 BMW 335i coupe / 328i coupe Information + FAQ

Injectors for some had a recall on them also. I have had mine replaced.

Jeller

My 08 335 coupe may be available shortly.

^^^Doesn’t know what snow tires are either…

May have taken down a T-Rex too.

well i am stuck… i am between 2 cars

one is a black on black 335i sedan fully loaded, and the other car is a 2006 sti… the sti is a friends thats very very cheap and would make a great winter car, while the 335i would be the great summer car

i cant afford both so can someone help me out, the 335i has warranty/maintenance for the next 2 years and the sti has no warranty but is DIRT CHEAP

What’s dirt cheap?

There are a few times when I missed my evo (mainly winter fun/track days) Overall I would say it would be really hard to go back to the evo after owning the 335.

Guy at work has an '09 335i…it’s been a nightmare. Only 25k miles and both front hubs wore out and had to be replaced. Full brake job all around and still has a nasty vibration through the steering wheel. He bought brand new OEM wheels to see if it was a bent rim causing it. Nope. Side marker lights have fallen off. There’s been other weird electrical issues. He’s not exactly a “performance” driver beating the crap out of it either. Maybe he just has a bad unit. He cannot wait until the lease is up…

subaru is currently replacing pretty much all of the subframe parts and control arms due to rust on my GF’s 02 subaru impreza if that helps with your choice.