School me on bikes

liar… sportbikes dont break down… they just crash all the time… btw j/w was that you i waved frantically at on the corner of military and sheridan about a week or 2 ago? it was late

bump for chino :stuck_out_tongue: get one.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/Hybriddon/misc/DSC02132.jpg

by far the coolest thing harley has ever produced.

<-Goes to google image to prove you wrong…

:lol: omfg Google->Images->“harley”

First result

It’s linked. Hintcoughnsfwhint.

chris; sportbikes are indeed as uncomfortable as everyone says.

try riding on a highway for more than 2 hours on one. you’ll hate your life

Hah, I don’t see that in the product line on harley’s website for some reason :frowning:

http://www.vanguardplating.com/images/PhotoAlbum/Black_Chrome_Victory_Vegas.jpg

Victory>harley

i did, it wasnt as bad i as i thought…my butt hurt but so did my friend that had the cushy cruiser

I spent 8 hours squirreling around Wisconsin on my buddy’s R6 last summer. He was on his buddy’s 636, who was out of town. It wasn’t terrible, although my wrists hurt pretty bad afterwards and I was generally a little achy. But dear God why do that to yourself just so that you can ride a bike whose potential you cannot even begin to strain on the street. Give me a sport standard any day over a crotch rocket. A good rider will have no problem keeping up with a crotch rocket on anything that handles reasonably well. Driver skill >*.

75% of guys on harleys dont wave to me on my crotch rocket. and about 25% of crotch rocket guys dont wave to me.

Starboyz>* and your calling them douches?:spank: they are pretty much the originators of stunt riding.

i had to ride to ohio on my 99 r6 3 years ago. drove me nuts. bryan (viper) went like 4 over the speed limit the whole time, even though he had my v1.

so f’ing uncomfortable. i’ll never do that again.

btw, starboyz are ghey.

which puts them on the same level of cool as the origionators of dancing with glowsticks. :mamoru:

stuntriders are straight up DBAGS, so, yeah. they’re the originators of douchebaggery as well.

I completly agree… aswell as 75% of sportbike riders.
those 75% ride in 2 gears too low so their rpms are like 10K +.

they also rev non stop at redlights then look around to see if people notice how sweet they are.

YEs, I did own a r6 and loved it, but I must agree most sportbike riders are DBAGS

Speed triple is probably my second favorite bike, behind a duc monster.
http://www.uncommonmotorcycles.com/images/staff/jamiespeed3.jpg
http://www.onyertriumph.net/2005/images/speedtriple/main.jpg

haha. i swear i saw someone cruising down rt 5 yesterday at 60mph in 1st gear.

OMG me n newman were talking about this the other day!

that guy that drove past us at hamburg beach was screaming by at like 12k and was going about 40

lol…i havent even had mine past 10k yet…i think i cruise in too high of a gear

What does that have to do with anything :confused: You can die and go fast on a cruiser just as easily as a sportbike. It’s the rider operating the motorcycle, not the motorcycle operating the rider. :roll:

Well I guess that limits your options, doesn’t it :mamoru:

Contrary to popular belied, you don’t need a cruiser to be comfortable on a long ride. Again, it’s the rider for the most part. But more on that later.

Honestly, your rational is a bit skewed, probably because you seem to be very misinformed and/or have a lot of pre-conceived notions.

As far as cruisers go, I would hold off on buying any bikes and take the MSF course. The majority of the bikes their are “cruiser” types, so you could get a feel for the different styles of cruisers, and then buy one later that is to your liking. Most of the cruisers at the MSF course are available from the dealer in multiple engine configurations. Also, if you plan on taking your girlfriend with you on rides, you probably want to get your skills as a rider up to speed before you risk a passenger. Just my advice, take it or leave it.

You might want to check the FAQS and read this.