School me on business plans...

I’m a sociology major at Canisius and needed one more class so I took an intro to entrepreneurship class. I know absolutely nothing about business management.

I need to basically make a small business plan and write it up as if I were to start it tomorrow. I have an idea and some stuff off this site: http://www.nyssbdc.org/

But is there anything else I need to know from first hand experience? I need to write about advertising, relationships with vendors, customers etc.

its a PITA to do a full business plan. go to your library, I can almost guarantee they have atleast one book on how to write one. GCC had 5+

Its actually pretty easy to do, just time consuming. Just pick something specific, and have a specific market for it, and go.

Throw in some shit about being a ‘green’ company too- people eat that shit up today.

I need to know about current incentives for small businesses too, Anyone have a good place to look?

I’m googling everything at this point but I’ll hit the books this weekend!

Dr. Kim is the shit, but have fun with that class. She likes things perfect.

EDIT: ask any senior who is an entrepreneurship major, we had to take an entire class on how to write one. btw…its no fun and very time consuming.

I’ve done a business plan for a real business I started. It took hundreds of hours to do, and I didn’t even need it for a loan.

X…

be very specific, use as many facts as possible and show how they run out and what the effect will be. Be ready to spend some time doing it.