scion tc or civic si??

2006 was the last year :bigthumb:

o is the lsd so nice in the si it makes such a diffrence when you hit a tight bent and just lay into it half way through the turn it just takes off

i raced a tc once at the track he had everything but the supercharger and man was that thing disappointing i pulled on him and im not a good driver at the track

no to go off topic BUT…I didn’t quite get the advantage lsd had for you here ( above )…from what I have always understood lsd to be was a limited slip differencial–which from a stop for instance the advatage would be that both of your ( front ) wheels would be getting an equal amount of power to them to pull the car along…where as not having lsd you are primarily depending on ONE wheel to spin.???

stock hondas helical is not ment to do that, a clutch type lsd would be more of a benefit for straight line acceleration

the benefit when going around a bend is it doesnt put all the power to the inside wheel thus causing the car to just lay tire the helical causes the power to go evenly to both wheels and the car to just accelrate not lay tire

this thread gives me a headache:

Party 1: the si has a jt85976rfjrn455nf motor with is stronger the the tc’s djgnf3895bfn32rufo motor.

Party 2: yeah but you can get it with the jte86ht683dj5j6ndnejk45n motor

Party 1: not the xb has the htek34956gngbn4o406gnmr6 motor in it, i think you have it confused with the frt768tjn45959gnfi496 motor, and the fld has the tyi5900tnmgnn f45-6gp5i4i9f motor, but if you swap in the jytioenf948667gfvnt65jugng85njg motor then it is as fast as the SI with the kthjkg9f847vhtrn487vbnb48 engine.

Party 2: I have to disagree, i think the rsx si is better with the wekgnti48860f748ng884nt004n motor and alot faster than the tc or xb with the fb5786nv045bt89bng58g8tn48ngee0r5 motor in it

:dunno: :ugh: :ugh:

What happened to just normal names for motors???

Yeah I was pertaining to the lsd as way of the transmission…not singley a clutch type lsd which i haven’t particually have never heard of ( sorry for my ignorance ) and I don’t mean to bust your balls abuot the lsd btw…
I guess what you have stated would make sense but lsd is lsd both offering a distubution of power to both wheels in either situation then…around the turn or in a straight line.

well my car is not an SI and scion’s are not alltracs and neither one is all wheel drive so what is your point? probably no point… as usual.

i cant even comment on this because i have never in my life seen a RUNNING alltrac.
but my car has handled anything pittsburgh weather has thrown at it for the last 3 winters without a problem so i’m pretty happy with it.
find me an all track that is A. running and B. doesnt have the shocks rusted through the shock towers and we can go test it out this winter.

either way…

SI > Sky-On

this is why there is to different sections one for imports and on for poeple with mullets you need to look in the other section and maybe you will feel more at home then

:blue:

I have driven my friends Tc Many times before. The car seems VERY heavy and sluggish. I have yet to be in a new SI but i’m sure they are a bit more nimble on their feet. My sis has a EX coupe and handles quite well for stock suspension/tires.As stated above, the SI has almost same HP as Scion and its N/A…so much potential. Take them both for a test drive, I’m sure you’ll know which one to buy.

this should help answer any questions you have http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_slip_differential

clutch type lsd’s suck…they wear out and u have to add additives to your gear oil

oh well…

and the SI motor is already at high compression and pretty maxed out. i’m sure bolt ons may gain alittle more power not a whole lot more. just like the rsx, its already pushin good power in stock form which is great for a small 4 cyl. you probly only gonna get 10whp outta it with better exhaust and tune… maybe 15 if ur lucky which is a nice gain, but for the cost in parts it doesnt seem worth it

being high compression u really cant boost it much.

i havent heard jack on the s/c TC motor tho…so who knows what it can hold

:finger: lol…I dont drive a camaro or mustang though…so I dont fall in the domestic mullet catagory

Civic hands down.

K20, 6 speed, LSD and optional navi.

same difference

if I still had my 93 I would be givin you the business.

But in the area there really arent many newer alltrac… 90-93. About 1 person I know. But there are a few I have seen. But when I get another one one of these days Ill take you for a ride.

The LSD in the SI is a helical unit so the wear issue is not an issue. I’ve seen at least one magazine drop their TC project car due to lack of an LSD as well as lack of aftermarket alternatives. Also there is a ton of bolt on NA and boost parts available for the newer honda K-series motors which are commonly producing 230-280 hp NA to 300+ easy with mild boost. The new K motors start out almost like a fully modded B-series motor (big bore, high flow head, massive main girdle).

as previous honda owner i am slightly bias but u cant beat the honda motors for power potential and aftermarket support. even in na form with basic mods and some tuning that k motor will make nice relieable power and rev like mad. plus i think that the si is by far a better lookin car

true… but nh4442’s rsx ran 12 PSI on a greddy kit for quite a while with 0 problems. it made 300 hp, which isnt a ton, but enough. its not the fastest car on the road, but its close, and its fun to drive… i’m sure the SI is just about the same thing.
i dont think there is anything in the SI’s class that can compete with it in all around quality.

i guess they do have some potential in them afterall

You’ll be happy to know that we have a domestic forum here Pittspeed. There you may discuss: Small blocks, Holley double pumpers, six packs, Hank Williams Jr, and Nascar. :slight_smile: