scooby guys...need info

so ive finally decided im gunna throw the neon back together and get rid of it…

im thinking about tryin to buy a 99 2.5 imprezza rs, anything i should know about problems they have, prices of mods, good websites to check em out due to the fact that i do not want one from up here… scooby guys please chime in

Engine - Ej25
Displacement - 2457cc
Valvetrain - DOHC
Bore x Stroke - 99.5 mm x 79.0 mm
Compression Ratio - 9:7:1
HP - 165 @ 5600rpm
Trq - 164 @ 4000rpm
Redline - 6500

98 has issures w\ head gasket leaks.
99 has some w\ maf densors going bad
window and sunroof motors weaken over time.
stock spark plugs ware very fast
99-01 models expierance a flat spot in the 3000-4500 RPM range.

wheel bearings go. Be prepared to pay $400 to have them replaced.

Good luck finding a decent example. Prices are VERY high and the cars are rare. Only ~13,000 2.5RS were produced between 95 and 01. To put that in perspective, they made over 26,000 WRXs in the 2002 model year run alone.

Mods are not cheap and there isn’t much you can do to them that make a big difference without spending serious money. That being said they are fantastic cars bone stock. They handle well without any mods (the car probably handles better than most drivers skills, so mods are not critical) and are great fun at autoX and rallyX as well as regular street driving.

Most of all Impreza only has one Z.

Good luck.

Don’t get a DOHC model

my 19992.5rs didnt have any problems with it… the maf was replaced on recall for free… i had 114k on the car when i sold it and still had the original wheel bearings… windows/sunroof still worked … never any major fixes… http://nasioc.com/ thats a big forum for subarus also.

pm me or get my cell# from joe if u have any questions… seeing as i did own a '99 2.5rs :smiley:

who was it that had the scooby on the one southtowns cruise ? the scooby that didnt ant to be behind my lebaron …lol

^^^^i think tht was me haha

Like Kevin said, they are expensive for what they are and rare. Mods don’t go very far, but if you have money to spend you can swap any of the STi drivelines into one (including older JDM versions) if you have the cash.

www.buffaloscooby.com

www.rs25.com