'Scrap Car' Pick-Up Service?!?!

Hey all,

I’m just wondering if any of you can recommend a good company who will pay decent bucks to pick up my '87 Maxima. It runs really good for its age but definitely not worth trying to chop as a beater since no one would want a 24 year old car…I woulda wanted to keep this car for life since it’s been in our family since brand-new, but I only have 1 parking space now at my condo (for my S14).

If you can recommend a place, please send any info or contacts…OR if any of you would wanna scoop it up lemme know, ha!

Thx!

Dru

take it to a scap yard and you will get around $300

ill take it. does it have wheels on it still??? if so call me at 416 569 3896. tnx.

Thanks guys! will call some scrap yards…

Wupz…yes it has wheels on it still. It runs nicely…

where in dt toronto are you

Look in the news paper

yo i have a tow truck. i just wnna know where you at !!!

^why not talk like a proper individual instead of sounding like a tenth grader.

scrap is worth absolutely nothing right now- i only got 30$ for a stripped s14 shell today (so you wont get more than 150$ prob)- either wait a few months till the market is better- or part it out or sell it as field car on kijiji- hey for 200$ ill buy it and field the crap out of it

damn stripped s14 shells must weight like 500 pounds or something lol because I got 350 for a 98 altima and it was around 3300 pounds iirc

was scrapping the altima recently? b/c then thats really good- it also depends if you find someone who buys salvage not scrap- they will part it out at a salvage yard, also guys who stockpile scrap till market is good will pay more but yeah ive gotten as much as 300$ for a whole car but right now only 100$ (shells do way almost nothing lol)

ah if you dont want me to take it i wont. sounds like you got it done with anyway… anyone who likes to scrap cars let me know… as long as it have wheels on it ill take it.

Hey sorry about that, I’ve been absent on the forum 'cause I’ve been working like a dog this whole week…

I got the car still. I’m in the Liberty Village area, King & Strachan area.

Yes the car’s got wheels considering it’s currently insured and in running order. I just don’t have the time of day to deal with selling it privately.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Not the actual, but looks identical to this:

http://img1.classistatic.com/cps/po/100413/178r5/8652975_27.jpeg

I’m not expecting to get a ton of cash but really, only $30 is the going rate?

sell it privately, it may take half an hour of your time- but you should be able to get 400$- 30$ is for a scrap chassis picked up with flatbed

Nope!

http://www.retireyourride.ca/home.aspx

oh ya- very good idea! but i dont think they would take my scrap cars… with no engine or wheels or cat (platinum)

i put my 99 malibu up on kijiji, pretty sure it had a blown headgasket and a whole bunch of other issues. got 350 from some scrap guys in guelph. took about 20 minutes to sell. lol

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

if you want a tax credit pm me i think i might be able to hook u up

jeeta_s- If you got 350$ they were probably salvage guys- not scrap guys. A fairly new common car like that will bring in good cash for panels, wheels and trans, etc.

yea i guess, im happy with that much cause i dont think anyone would want to buy it and fix it