Screw Cisco

Seriously. Powerful switching and routing technology? yes. Powerful IOS? yes.

Pain in the ass when shit goes wrong? HELL YES.

For example I love how switches in a stack love to renumber them selves. Now a 48 port switch config is running on a 24 port switch and since uplink and LACP domains aren’t setup on the right ports, its a fucking loop fest.

When it works tho, its pretty solid I must say. Just a pain in the ass from the config and maintaining point of view if you are constantly changing things.

Oh, if you are really bored, put a switch in a stack that isnt set to priority 1 and watch it take over as master and push old software and blank configs to a stack of swithes.

/rant

rock on

Why are you constantly changing things? Don’t you backup your configs?

My Nortel switches are happy…

Nortel, Websense, Juniper much less expensive for same performance.

Routers is a whole different story though…

Im managing two networks right now.

I do edge stuff on one and its just dealing with stacks and some idiots are out there putting switches all on the same priority so its a random cluster fuck of what one is master and renumbering.

Second network has two cisco routers that are connecting two offices of about 100 each. Just a pain in the ass the old IT guys has setup there. Trying to merge vlans since he has about 40 vlans for 100 people and then the random config changes on the swithces in that office is great, esp when: copy run start doesnt save a config anymore.

40 vlanss 100 people sweet

neat

Yea. Talk about a vlan whore.

I spent all last weekend merging VLANs. Fun Fun.

Oh yeah, your job sounds bomb… I want it

nerds

I like our ProCurve stuff. It gets the job done.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:4,topic:31564"”]

My Nortel switches are happy…

[/quote]

I wish we never switched to Cisco :mad: Nortel fucking rocks.